livinloudgraphics

how would you

looking to make logos for emblems of car and truck but does anyone know how to do a exact cut to cover them up? I have measured them added subtracted and just got plain lost on doing this. i seen someone do it and have it cut out the exact logo but to cover it up 

True Louis but, sounds like the OP wants to make accurately sized cover-ups for car and truck badges/ emblems.

Same process as one would use to do the archery case you mocked-up. Using a photo as a scale template.

1 way to do it would be take a pic of it straight on of your emblem. Load it into your design software and then scale to actual size. Then just use that as your template. Id say just find the emblem online but there may be slight differences.

• Like 2

1 way to do it would be take a pic of it straight on of your emblem. Load it into your design software and then scale to actual size. Then just use that as your template. Id say just find the emblem online but there may be slight differences.

Put a ruler or measuring tape next to your emblem when you take the picture - then scale it so 1" = 1" in your design software.  

• Like 2

I used a caliper from work. worked like a charm.

Now I tried to do a chevy bow tie...not easy at all.