security802

CAD-CUT Glitter

post-36874-0-56120000-1385168311_thumb.j

So I got this fine looking HTV glitter in the mail today. It's a 8.5x11 sample sheet. Now to find something to make with it. I must say I am a fan of the CAD-CUT Fashion Film and Econo-Print films, so hoping this is just as good. I compare the Fashion Film to Siser Easy Weed.

Do a test cut before actually cutting it. I just got some Deco Sparkle (I think that's the name) and it takes a bit more pressure and blade to get a clean cut.1424438_1438145869738883_296964102_n.jpg

Do a test cut before actually cutting it. I just got some Deco Sparkle (I think that's the name) and it takes a bit more pressure and blade to get a clean cut.1424438_1438145869738883_296964102_n.jpg

Yeah the econo-print they offer is the same way, needs more pressure and blade because it is thicker.

I was actually cutting the adhesive layer and not the foil layer so when I weeded it separated between the layers.

My newest lesson, REMEMBER to MIRROR the design BEFORE cutting HTV....

Been there, done that!! LOL

• Like 1

I used to have a sticker on the monitor "Mirror B4 Cutting". Worked great until I started cutting decals in reverse. There are certain mistakes that we all make like mirroring of forgetting to weld or if you're a graphtec guy forgetting to turn off sheet feed and seeing the whole roll try to unwind. Personally I have done all of these and many many more.

• Like 1

I was actually cutting the adhesive layer and not the foil layer so when I weeded it separated between the layers.

I did the same thing.  The way it looks on the roll, it's such an  eye bender.  I was like, now why the heck would these guys roll all other rolls one way (up over the top) and then this stuff comes rolled the other way (feeds from the bottom).  I actually took it off the roll holder and flipped it the other way, and it wouldn't cut, wouldn't cut.  So I did a test cut.  Thought since this wasn't an ordinary color roll, it must be thicker.  So I take the blade holder out (which I never do since dialed in) and set it deeper.  Then more pressure.  THEN I decide it's time to peel a corner.  Only to find I'M AN IDIOT.  I was attempting to do the same thing and tried cutting the carrier sheet.  

I was on the right side but there are actually 2 layers to this stuff. The top layer is the clear adhesive and the next layer which looks kinda shiny and silvery which is the actual color layer and I was splitting the 2 layers so only the adhesive was cut, not deep enough to cut through the color layer. LP  run a lot of scraps and I have put them in the wrong way countless times in a hurry and go to weed them and have a WTF moment.