MadHatterGraphix

Feeling like a kid in a candy store..

Its been a very interesting two weeks for me so far. Let me just catch everyone up.

Last week I sold a Female mannequin for $100 however I only spent $100 when I bought it. So it was nice to at least break even.

This week Monday morning I sold my Screen Printing Equipment finally after a month of being messed with by some buyers. It was interesting to find out he is a forum member but he wouldn't tell me his screen name. However I'm glad it went to someone. And to whomever that was thank you.

Now here is the part about a kid in the candy shop part. I put some money on a paypal card so I could order something's online which I proceeded to do that evening. I ordered some Camo Can Koozies, and 25 plastic razor blades. Then Tuesday I orders some fluorescent Green Vinyl, some Action Tac, and Grafix Gone from UScutter. I then proceeded to order from SW a 13oz Banner, Rapid Prep, and some lil chizlers with due to OWjones recommendation. It didn't stop there oh not in the least. So either Tuesday or Wednesday I saw this Carry All Tote at Wal-Mart and was interested in it but the color combo was just ugly (Seriously Purple and Green?) Anyway I didn't pick it up I was debating on getting it. Well Thursday I decided ok I'm going to get it due to the range of prices found on internet $15 to $25 on eBay ok umm no. I got it for under $10 that gave me $5 to spend on an artist caddie that I'm now currently using to store weeding tools. The fun didn't stop there Early in the week I was sitting in the sweatshop I mean business room and realized it was a mess I need to organize something's and get something's off the floor. So I decided I needed to get some Slat wall so I went to Menards and bought 3 pieces of 12X48" pieces of Suncast I believe is the names and some hooks and a wire bin to use. Now I just have to figure out where to mount the wall, and what to hang.

However today I'm receiving my order from USCutter, and my Can Koozies I feel like a kid in the candy store again.

• Like 1

Spendin money is sure easy and it's exciting to get new materials and product too. Congrats on the sale, I wonder why he didn't want you to know who he was.

I wonder why he didn't want you to know who he was.

Because then you would all know how ugly I am in real life...

If it were me, I mean...

know what you mean. i wished you lived in MS. i have a 2-sided rolling slatwall i have been trying to get rid of. i have one in my craft room and selling 2 more. Sold one already and need to get rid of the other. No room for it.

Before I even got downstairs the package from USCutter was here. I was so excited over 2 bottles of liquid and a roll of Vinyl, kinda pathetic I was lol. Then this afternoon the USPS dropped off my Camo Can Koozies and that was more excitement lol. I just realized I need to get out more......

Ang- I love getting supplies I just picked a bunch of things up at Walmart such as a foldable utility knife, another X-acto, extra blades for the X-acto, Glass scraper which I will be using plastic blades in, small spray bottles like someone suggested,

theresat Yeah wish I lived closer too, shipping would be high on that for sure.

some how spending about a grand on vinyl and ink in the last month has taken some of the excitement out of it for me - other things I get excited about, but supplies like that for some reason hasn't got the same appeal anymore   :huh: 

I remember the feeling and am glad you still have it - 

Before I even got downstairs the package from USCutter was here. I was so excited over 2 bottles of liquid and a roll of Vinyl, kinda pathetic I was lol. Then this afternoon the USPS dropped off my Camo Can Koozies and that was more excitement lol. I just realized I need to get out more......

Ang- I love getting supplies I just picked a bunch of things up at Walmart such as a foldable utility knife, another X-acto, extra blades for the X-acto, Glass scraper which I will be using plastic blades in, small spray bottles like someone suggested,

theresat Yeah wish I lived closer too, shipping would be high on that for sure.

Here ya go, put it up for bid..

http://www.uship.com/

I probably still get that excitement only due to I haven't been doing standard vinyl and to be honest things are looking up for the business.

• Like 1

I get excited when new materials come in. Especially if it is a new product that I haven't carried before. Last new thing I got was 3M 7725 Scotchcal ElectroCut Graphic Film Series with a synthetic liner. Very exciting to try something different and glad I did, the plastic liner is really cool.

In my sign store, I make sure to keep a supply of candy available for the customers ---

fun-sized-candy-bars.jpg

some how spending about a grand on vinyl and ink in the last month has taken some of the excitement out of it for me - other things I get excited about, but supplies like that for some reason hasn't got the same appeal anymore   :huh:

I remember the feeling and am glad you still have it - 

I know how you feel. I had a problem with an order from uscutter 2 weeks ago and started thinking about how much I've spent w/ them lately and it was around a gran a month average this year. Nothing exciting about spending all that money but I do still get excited to get something new in to try out.

Ok I should say I like getting the new items material it's like Christmas opening up envelopes or boxes filled with all this stuff I ordered that I never had in my possession. Now I agree when looking at what I spent I'm not so happy, however buying the stuff I bought tells me I'm serious about doings this, I don't believe in spending my time, or hard earned money into something than quit, that's not who I am. However after seeing everyone's work that's better than me kind of makes me think ok maybe this wasnt a good idea. Then I have some great backing on here people telling me I'm doing ok and I got skills....however I don't think so lol.

You're doing fine and as for new stuff I cant' wait for the delivery man to show up but lately it's just restocking which is not at all exciting like tomorrow when I go in and take shirt inventory and have to order at least a 100 white shirts there is no way I can find that exciting.

• Like 1

I think I have finally ordered the last thing I need for this month yesterday, unless something special comes up . .  .  I feel ya Jay, way too much money going out lately

I had an order drop shipped from oracal usually 1-2 days and I was in a rush so when no tracking I started calling repeatedly to straighten out, anyway but the time it was over I got it just in time and the uscutter guy apologized and hooked me up saying that he could see I was a frequent customer so I looked at some of my recent invoices and damn I gave them a lot of money this year and it's only half over. Kinda made me cry a little when I added it all up.