AAndrews19

Heat Press Off?

There have been a couple of times where I walked away from my shop area, done for the day, but left my heat press on....

So I made this today...

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

I attached the file if anyone wants to use it!

Heat Press Off.eps

• Like 2

Now just redo it every month so you don't get too used to it ha ha, good idea man. I don't have that problem with my Laserpoint cutter because its so darn loud!

I think he is more worried about burning the house down, or he would have used $$$ instead of flame graphics...

You will still leave it on eventually,   like when I had mirror  plastered on my cutter for heat vinyl ,  right OK  LOL

• Like 2

When I first started out I made a couple check lists for different types of vinyl / print transfers. Helped to get all the steps accomplished like mirroring and prepressing shirts.

I left mine on a couple different nights and the thought of the electric bill broke me of that in a hurry. Bad enough it's on 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

we had someone on here a while back their kids were using to iron all thier clothes - bill was like 500 first month lOL

• Like 1

I wish I could shut mine down but the warmup time is just too long when you have a walkin wanting a shirt while they wait.

we had someone on here a while back their kids were using to iron all thier clothes - bill was like 500 first month lOL

HAHAHA what?! That's hilarious.

My biggest concern is the house, and the safety of my family. I can always make more money. Losing everything... that can't be replaced.

• Like 1

You could do like I did with my hot water heater and put a timer on it so it only has power at certain times. You could leave the switch on and have the timer set to come on 1 hr. before you get there and the press would be heated up and ready.

• Like 1

That's not a bad idea... but I don't work any set hours, so it would be next to impossible to set coordinate a timer for me.

You could do like I did with my hot water heater and put a timer on it so it only has power at certain times. You could leave the switch on and have the timer set to come on 1 hr. before you get there and the press would be heated up and ready.

I have wondered if doing that with a hot water heater would save money . The cost of reheating it vs keeping it at temp . Did it make much of a difference in your electric bill ?

Rodger, down here the electric company will do it for you as an energy saving feature.

Yes it made a big difference. There is only me and the wife so it only comes on a couple of hours a day for when I need it the most and I can over ride it if I need to so we can do laundry. It took off about 40% off my bill and I haven't ran out of hot water yet.

another idea is the neighbors put in a on demand heater - no tank - not using it - no cost

I'd love to have a tank-less water heater, I'm going to check them out. I have to do everything I can to save money with my many children.

I seem to recall seeing a timer product that you could use for curling irons and regular irons that when you turned the device on it would only let it run for so long before cutting power to that device so you couldn't walk off and leave it running forever...  I have no idea what it was called, though...

Something like this maybe? -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-shut-off-timer-auto-outlet-power-switch-automatic-supply-control-plugin-/170814038003

You would need to make sure it can support the amps/watts of a heat press, but I'm sure there are products out there that can do it...