I have a LP1 about  2 yrs old and I have been having problems cutting straight lines. I have my pressure at 100 and the speed at 30. I ran the test pattern without my computer hooked up to the machine and this is what I got. (usually use Signcut on Mac) The boxes are really round and the letters sloppy. What can I do to correct this? Also its a new blade.

post-25632-0-34191400-1372195616_thumb.j

post-25632-0-04021300-1372195618_thumb.j

First off. when was the last time you changed your blade? If old replace it.   Make sure the blade depth is correct, and adjust your blade offset, so the squares are square.    You should start with 0.25MM   and adjust + or - at .05  to get sharp corners.

Make sure your grit rollers are tight.  They should have a set screw in them.

Your pressure and speed numbers are kinda weird looking to me. I don't have the the LP but, I would expect to

see pressures below 30 grams for regular vinyl and speeds shouldn't be a problem in the 500 to (max) range

Your right on the cuts though...  sloppy and unacceptable..

Recent thread remarked about adjusting the slack out of the belts.

Maybe the belts or stepper motor are worn out.

I'd also test it on your computer, under signcut as well. See if the results are the same or similar.

On my LP1 the cut pressure is set to 79 and the speed at 60. This combined with an offset of 0.12 works great for me but your machine my work well with different settings. 

Also X2 on the blade sharpness. I just replaced mine and man was I surprised with the difference it made. Didn't even think it really needed a new blade but I was sure wrong. 

I see then that the scales are laid out differently on the LP as my TC.

Most of the problems evident in the fotos aren't related to blade sharpness, though.

The tracking is not true. It's either sloppiness in the machine or it's in the software.

More likely it's in the machine as the OP said they cut this NOT connected to the computer.

(though the TEST MoDE paths that are built into the Motherboard could be sloppy too.Hence the

mention of re-testing it under different conditions. I.E. have they run this test more than once and

did they get the same results? Further testing and evidence is needed to diagnose.)

• Like 1

Well I looked inside to tighten the belt and it looked like the carriage arm was wobbling so I took the cover offf and it looks like the carrier is broken where the top left roller is attached. Do they make a replacement part for this? Or a new carrier? Heres what it looks like. (I put a piece of white tape behind it so you can see it better.) Any Advice. Thanks for all the replies so far.

post-25632-0-33093000-1372203502_thumb.j

post-25632-0-50768000-1372203503_thumb.j

Thanks! that sure does look close to it!, a lil different on the top, But This product is temporarily out of stock. Wow I think this part has been slowly getting worse, I've been having problems cutting for way too long. Bugging tech support. I wonder if it is a dif part for the LP1 compared to the LP2. I have the 1.

I have 2 jobs I need to kick out to clients and no backup cutter. EEEKKK!

post-25632-0-08811400-1372205166_thumb.j

You can get the stuff cut by a forum member and mailed to you if you are in a bind. I would call tech support in the morning to see if that part is compatible.

• Like 1

sometimes just knowing what the problem is can be a huge relief.

definately looks like a different carriage but the new model may bolt right in?

Call us cutter tech support for actual part...

Thanks you so much for all your help and support. I'll call in the morning to see if I can get the whole carrier or just the backplate.

Thanks again!

The carriage is a complete unit and you'll probably have to call because they always show out of stock. If they still carry them the replacement will be metal, not plastic. I had to do mine two years ago and the new piece is way better construction.

Your photos were clear enough that I am certain you can epoxy this part and it will serve you well.

Rough up the surfaces ..... apply epoxy....  allow to cure thoroughly......  then file/sand mounting surfaces.....

Ouilah......  it will probably never need to be replaced....

• Like 1

I am a fan of machine grade epoxy . You can drill and tap threads in it :)

• Like 1

I super glued mine until the replacement part came in but based on the redesigned piece I'd say this was a problem on many of those machines.