coondogracing

Tailgate sign

you are gonna have a problem getting business with your phone number like that

• Like 1

While it looks great, the font selection makes it hard to read at a quick glance. also the name gets lost in the checker board back ground. customers need to read you logo quickly, and get all the info like name and phone number, without having to study it.

I like the tail gait a lot but I like RickS said, the name is hard to read. I would use a font that is a little more readable or straighten it out a bit and make it bigger.

While it looks great, the font selection makes it hard to read at a quick glance. also the name gets lost in the checker board back ground. customers need to read you logo quickly, and get all the info like name and phone number, without having to study it.

Any type script is more suitable on stationary signs like inside buildings etc where you are standing reading it. On a car or a sign meant to be read while moving it is not a good choice. The logo looks great and maybe some different color choices would make it more readable. But like I said very nice work

Well alrighty then you guys are a hoot lol.First of all it's on the tailgate and if you are behind me you have all the time you need to read it. My phone number and what I do is all that matters anyway and that can be read easy. I will agree that a simple sign that you can see a mile away and at 100 miles an hour would be easier to read, but it wouldn't say much about me now would it.

That's horrendous, no offence but you need to start over. Script on an arc? Very unreadable.

• Like 1

Well alrighty then you guys are a hoot lol.First of all it's on the tailgate and if you are behind me you have all the time you need to read it. My phone number and what I do is all that matters anyway and that can be read easy. I will agree that a simple sign that you can see a mile away and at 100 miles an hour would be easier to read, but it wouldn't say much about me now would it.

Just stating a fact script is harder to read. And of course you could stay stopped at a stop light or drive really slow . The work is very nice just sayingif you cant read it it is useless.

Everyone on here is very honest and gives the best advice to improve and or fix something to make it better than what it currently is. It is only to help you advance your skills or through a road block of sorts. I do agree with everyone though. The art is very good and if it were on your store front window the comments may be a bit different. Yes, being on your tail gate with people following you does give them more time to read it, but the people that are more than likely to call you for your services are going to be looking for how you effectively display your own graphics as well. The art is spot on but the readability of the advertisement is not and that may cost you the better side of business.

Not a fan of the twin hill font but I think if you had more white space around it like the lower line it would be a lot easier to read.

I do understand and I agree that it's a little hard to read. If it had been going anywhere but the back I would not have done it that way. The idea behind it was to make a sign that didn't look so much like a sign. I think me and the whole concept is just misunderstood. I think next time I'll just use big red letters and put  I MAKE SIGNS. 

I understand showing what you're capable of and I think that's great I just can't read your name very well. Other than that I like it.

I understand showing what you're capable of and I think that's great I just can't read your name very well. Other than that I like it.

I concur.  Your business name should be more clear, the rest of it looks good.

Not a fan of the twin hill font but I think if you had more white space around it like the lower line it would be a lot easier to read.

I think you might be right thanks

Believe it or not most of us don't want to beat up anybodies design. I personally don't normally comment if something is off but I actually liked what you have going on other than the name.

Jay

Good job!  The only thing I really agree with, is that the name is difficult to read.  Otherwise I think it showcases your talent very well.  As far as M500's comment... well, I won't even go there, but I'm sure you can imagine my thoughts on that.

2 cents

Great work.... 

Agree with all above...........hard to read 

If you think I'm tough on the guy, post it on signs 101 and see what kind of feedback you'll get, just being honest. 

(You had better have realllly tough skin)

Honest opinions and constructive criticism is great... I just don't think it's necessary to be rude is all.  There are better ways to say what ya think.

If he wanted to deal with "professionals" at 101 I'm sure he would have. This is a more relaxed and beginner friendly place. I rarely post on 101 because some people go out of their way to piss others off. This is much more family friendly.

If you don't want a critique don't post it.  

Posting is inviting an opinion imo . Nobody was even CLOSE to being rude :)

• Like 2

Posting is inviting an opinion imo . Nobody was even CLOSE to being rude :)

Really?  Calling someone's work "Horrendous", isn't rude?  Interesting.

• Like 1

Had to kind of chuckle about this.  As with many of you, I am signed into other cutter forums....

But, this is kinda like home to me.  I lurked here gathering knowledge BEFORE I bought my cutter.

Folks in this forum are most accommodating. 

When I posted my first cut....  Most commented about the non-readability of my font.....
Which I knew... (But I wanted to see if I could cut something with fine cuts)

The one who slayed me .... Was Slice and Dice......

He told me I wanted too much for the car...  Cracked me up......

This place is simply a good online coffee house for cutters

• Like 1