Dakotagrafx

tire cover

Last year My wife and I bought a used Cougar 5th wheel - the tire cover on the back was first painted in a paint shop - next owner painted it with a paint brush, put mask down, cut it with a razor blade, painted more with his paint brush then let it weather in the sun for years.  it had a crack I fixed with JB Weld, kinda knocked down the brush strokes, brush hairs, dirt and top paint with a light sanding before painting with rustoleum rattle can - still not pretty but better. 

Tonight I added a little graphic to it that hides a lot of the stuff.  learned a little more about wrapping a compound curve (small one) and will call it good enough.

Picture of front of camper was last years addition and stacey wants her window blocked out so I need to add her side graphic on the window yet

post-2742-0-99398600-1368246836_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-73610100-1368246905_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-68339000-1368246912_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That's nice. Did you wrap around the outer edge of the tire cover too? My parents have an older camper and the end window cover looks pretty bad. It's some roughed up fiberglass. What kind of vinyl did you use on that? I was thinking about doing a lake scene since their camper is at a lake.

That's nice. Did you wrap around the outer edge of the tire cover too? My parents have an older camper and the end window cover looks pretty bad. It's some roughed up fiberglass. What kind of vinyl did you use on that? I was thinking about doing a lake scene since their camper is at a lake.

orajet 3551 with 290lam - yeh the wrap around the edge with not much extra to pull and stretch was the learning part.

thanks All, for a year we had "discussed" without an agreement on the picture for the tire cover, I finally just picked one and did it and this morning she said good choice.  Now I don't expect that kind of luck for another 10 years but I will take it!

I want a printer soooo bad either that or move next door to someone who has 1 at home like Dakota

come on up - the govenor sucks but great state other than that LOL

Jay and snow don't mix anymore. Moved from upstate NY 9 years ago and never want to see snow again or cold for that matter.

I totally understand, but we don't get it like we used to - now it is mainly freezing during the night when we are lucky and mud during the day all winter  - cold and wet - was better when it stayed frozen

I was in residential construction and remodeling til I moved south and the las February I was in NY I was building a summer camp on a lake and for the whole month it never hit zero and the wind coming off that lake damn near killed me. I'd rather move to Mexico and risk getting my head chopped off than move back to the cold. Snow does seem to be coming later every year but still cold.

it's a wet cold that makes it worse.

on the other hand people from arizona always say "it's a dry heat" well so is a dang pizza oven!

thanks, without a size reference it kinda looks like a big badge-a-minit button