Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

using emtpy tube rolls for mailing

has anyone used the empty tubes from the vinyl to mail. I have a job to cut later tonight that is too  big to mail flat, but can roll it up in one of the tubes it will fit great. But there is no end caps, 

any ideas? I need this to be shipped out tomorrow morning. If i have to i guess i can stop at walmart and pick  up some tubes,

just wondering if anyone has any ideas,  dont know what the mail system will accept. 

Thanks.

I would fold some paper up as a spacer in each end then tape the ends shut. The paper is to keep the vinyl or whatever separate from the tape on the ends

• Like 1

I hate how much the rolls weight, affecting the cost of shipping, but tough against damage...

And yeah, cut circle paper and tape on. or cardboard.

good ideas here: make sure you add the cost of shipping into price because those rolls do have some weight on them. I have considered the same thing tho.

Oh yes will add that into it. gonna be around 5. and some change..

Thanks yep gonna cut some cardboard, and tape it real good.

Thanks

EDIT: not too bad, 5 oz. just over $2.00 my last one must of been thicker.

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME, AS MY MAIN BULK OF WORK IS FOR EBAY THEY ARE IDEAL, RECYCLE WHERE YOU CAN THATS WHAT I SAY....

usually cheaper to use the free priority triangle tubes to ship but in the past for some long items I bought some carpet tubes and cut wood plugs for the end with a rotozip and stapled them in place

• Like 2

usually cheaper to use the free priority triangle tubes to ship but in the past for some long items I bought some carpet tubes and cut wood plugs for the end with a rotozip and stapled them in place

thats a bit neat with the wood nice touch....  i just dont have time to do that much detail, bubble wrap in the ends and vinyl off-cut to seal it... quick, easy, cheap... done posted sorted.... ;D

that works also - I cheated also cut them out of a 2x6 scrap that had been split to 3/4" thick on part then rotozipped that part so I got 2 out of each cut - saved weight also

Ive done this Also it does help out with things not being damaged. Cause you know how fedex, ups and usps are with their carelessness on shipping stuff

I ordered a bunch of these and other boxes from the USPS a long time ago. I have used a handful for other things but when I tried to get postage for the triangle tube on the USPS website I couldn't find the triangle tube on the list of package types. I finally just paid the postage through the paypal website which is cheaper anyway.

I ordered a bunch of these and other boxes from the USPS a long time ago. I have used a handful for other things but when I tried to get postage for the triangle tube on the USPS website I couldn't find the triangle tube on the list of package types. I finally just paid the postage through the paypal website which is cheaper anyway.

just use regular priority with the dimensions of 5x5x however long of tube you have