Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Got organized!

So a gun shop I am doing gave me this slatwall display stand as part of the trade I did, along with a year membership.

I got the 3 small baskets from Home Depot for $10.

The big basket, 20 white heavy duty shirt hooks, 10 plastic small ones, 2 clear brocure holders and 4 big hooks for less then $40 used at the local slatwall store, which also has used stuff and discontinued stuff, along with a ton of other stuff for stores.. The maniquin area freaked me out haha..

All and all, for $50 it's a clean station for all my stuff. I'm still at home, so have to do all my work in my bedroom mainly so this helps alot. I had the vinyl all under my desk where my chair would go in the cardboard boxes prior.

20130430_120400_zps29e01862.jpg

20130501_120824_zps59c9efda.jpg

20130501_120204_zps0edee096.jpg

Side note, can you guess which is white 3m reflective vinyl? haha.

The radioactive looking one in the bottom left corner?  Looks like the costume that Jor-El wore in the first Superman movie...

need something like this - I've got all my rolls standing on end in their original shipping boxes  and I'd much rather have them out where I can see them...   I've debated whether or not to buy one of those metal vinyl racks that provides similar storage, but I like the fact yours holds more than just vinyl...  All it's missing is casters to make it easier to move around...

Well you can get 4'x8' slotboard panels for $50 or less usually. I know that the place I got the hooks from sell the unpainted for $46 each panel. They also have a bunch of stands there..

i love my slatboard. Its called 'DUMPSTER DIVING'". I found 3 of these behind Hancock Fabrics one day so i went inside to see what they were doing with them. When they said throwing them away, i said "oh no your not, can i have them" YEP= FREE. One for me and sister and been trying to sell the other. Can't seem to get rid of it. Oh well, it's not in the way cuz it is in the garage. They are 2 sided. Got my accessories at Lowes and also some of the hooks came from a craft store closing.

slatboard.bmp

post-36131-0-60059800-1367459303_thumb.j

The free-standing vinyl rack (holds 44)  is excellent, I couldn't function without it

Floor-Rack.jpg

For those who have a bit of floor space, and long rolls, this roller rack might be good

Vinyl-Roll-Floor-Rack-Image-One-MR-16-Mo

I am trying hard to get down to 1 - 44 roll rack - and get rid of the extra one - I don't use it for the print vinyl and culling the cut vinyl down a little.  got to get rid of the miscut/misprint camo and houndstooth pile also!

will make a deal at $2.50 sq ft on some snake skin, maple boards (looks like bowling alley floor), I think some polka dot, green dragon scales, my older style camo - most of it is cut to 12x24" for the hobby people that buy it

will make a deal at $2.50 sq ft on some snake skin, maple boards (looks like bowling alley floor), I think some polka dot, green dragon scales, my older style camo - most of it is cut to 12x24" for the hobby people that buy it

Got pics or examples of what they look like?  I'm always looking for new, unique designs...

NM, Dakota, found the pics in the BST forum - thanks!

i love my slatboard. Its called 'DUMPSTER DIVING'". I found 3 of these behind Hancock Fabrics one day so i went inside to see what they were doing with them. When they said throwing them away, i said "oh no your not, can i have them" YEP= FREE. One for me and sister and been trying to sell the other. Can't seem to get rid of it. Oh well, it's not in the way cuz it is in the garage. They are 2 sided. Got my accessories at Lowes and also some of the hooks came from a craft store closing.

attachicon.gifslatboard.bmp

attachicon.gifslatboard.jpg

I like yours alot. this place had stuff like those too.

NM, Dakota, found the pics in the BST forum - thanks!

That is just the stuff i am disconinueing

Would need a router and probably a keyhole bit to get the back recess in 1 bass.