Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Work van

The van was rough and had been lettered several times before. I think it came out OK and the customer liked it so much he discussed buying another van just to use for the advertising benefits. Criticisms and compliments always welcome.

Jay

post-40404-0-92026700-1367025982_thumb.j

post-40404-0-68451700-1367026010_thumb.j

• Like 1

Wouldn't have believed how hard it was to find a zero turn image to tweak on. Customer had me do it in light orange to match his sun faded Husqvarna. Can't wait to see what I can do when my new toy arrives.

Jay

Been at it for 5 years now and I'm self taught so if I can do it I know you can. Started out not knowing how to weld lines of text and went from there. Kinda embarrassing looking back and thinking all the script I did on cars had overlap cuts because I didn't have a clue how to weld but hey we all have to start somewhere. No one I've met was born knowing how to design or cut vinyl except for a few great people on here and they are teaching us all the time.

Jay

Been at it for 5 years now and I'm self taught so if I can do it I know you can. Started out not knowing how to weld lines of text and went from there. Kinda embarrassing looking back and thinking all the script I did on cars had overlap cuts because I didn't have a clue how to weld but hey we all have to start somewhere. No one I've met was born knowing how to design or cut vinyl except for a few great people on here and they are teaching us all the time.

Jay

With the Graphtec on it's way, you can turn on "Auto Weld" in Cutting Master 2 and never have to worry about it again.  ;D

Jay what do you mean I was born knowin corel draw never watched a tutorial and only screwed up a million times lol. Great job though on the mower.

Mower wasn't bad. I posted eps of it on here a couple weeks ago for someone. Took longer to cut than weed and was applied to the van dry orange first then black. His favorite part was the memorial to his mother, I thought he was gonna cry when he picked it up.

Jay

Yeah thanks again I grabbed that file a while back. Thats cool, you did something really meaningful for him then. I honestly get disappointed if people aren't excited about the work I have done for them.

Wouldn't have believed how hard it was to find a zero turn image to tweak on. Customer had me do it in light orange to match his sun faded Husqvarna. Can't wait to see what I can do when my new toy arrives.

Jay

I agree, very hard to find but it turned out great.  Nice job Jay.

Thank for all the input it's all appreciated. Just wish we could do more like this most people see a van like this as a menu board for everything they offer and clutter it so bad that nobody can read it. This guy used to be one of them and I've slowly whittled him down to just a few things kinda of like a teaser for all thjey offer.

• Like 1