livinloudgraphics

heres some of my work

Looks good. Is the flower on the tag layered or print?

Jay

Like that looks so clean I thought it might of been print.

Jay

Great work!

Could you share that cross and flowers on the 7th picture?

Here's the cross. It's in the Signblazer library. Not sure on the flowers.

Jay

cross.eps

• Like 1

thanks yall i wish i could do print that would be awesome but i am looking for a person who can digital print and stuff if anyone can recommend someone and i left it at the shop please pm me so i can remember to get it for you i will post it here thou. i have to go thru and find it

For small to medium print hit up dakotagrafx. Done right by me and I'm sure someone will chime in with a couple of other great printers on here. I think you'll find someone on here to do just a bout anything you need.

Jay

Here is a church sign that i did. i found out that when taking old vinyl off that has been up there for 15+ years a heat gun, razor blade and a vinyl eraser is your best friend. Also i took one at night with it light up this was my first BIG sign like this! Will do the next side soon and re do the pastor signs also 

post-17596-0-07394100-1367210702_thumb.j

post-17596-0-39961600-1367210703_thumb.j

post-17596-0-01089300-1367210705_thumb.j

post-17596-0-38867300-1367210800_thumb.j

The sign looks great, good work How long did it take to remove the old vinyl?

it took about 1 1/2 hours it was a long process because all of it was dryed up to the sign and most of it was peeling and cracking. the only thing that looked new still was around the edges where the frame was. The method i used was to heat it up and just razor it off and then the excess was removed by the eraser and alcohol.

I always try to sell new faces because no matter how much you clean it there is a good chance of the ghost image showing especially when lit up.

I always try to sell new faces because no matter how much you clean it there is a good chance of the ghost image showing especially when lit up.

yes i understand and i did try to do that but it didnt work out at the time

Been there, done that and it sucks. I did a couple of 6x8 faces long ago and priced them accordingly. When I got on the ladder to do what I had to do I realized the man had painted over parts where the vinyl had peeled. Yuk...

Jay

I have yet to remove much of any vinyl yet, thats why I asked about how long it took. I would hate to price a job of removing vinyl and have it take 5 times longer than I estimated. 

It ALWAYS takes 10 times longer than estimated thanks to a guy named Murphy and his stupid law. I almost beg people to not make me remove from acrylic (plexiglass, etc) faces as there is almost always noticeable ghosting and even if they are fine with it I don't want them telling people I did it and get the wrong imression.

• Like 1

yea it always take longer than expected just wondering this is my first sign of this big its a 18tall by 8 ft how much would someone charge for something like this? just to see if im at the price point of others