KINGRUPERT

SECOND DAY EVER CUTTING

GOT MY CUTTER RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS AND STARTED  MESSING AROUND

HERE IS A  WINDOW DECAL I DID FOR MY SISTERS CAR,

DOUBLE LAYER USED A 34"  SC SERIES CUTTER WITH GREENSTAR VINYL

SECOND DAY VINYL,  BUT I DID  MESS WITH THE  DEMO SOFTWARE ALOT BEFORE I BOUGHT MY MACHINE

post-35195-0-00668800-1357672861_thumb.p

well  you dont have to hope too much because in this industry you are learning every day, and when you think you know it all someone throws you a curveball

• Like 1

THANKS  GUYS  HOPE TO LEARN ALOT MORE ;D

How about please figuring out how to quit the all-caps routine?   :ph34r:

OK, so here's a quick tip for a newbie:

Take a look at the far right pinch-roller of the SC, and see if it's stopping beyond the lower grit roller (not coming into contact with it).

@slice&dice   :rolleyes:   ALL CAPS ... bad Habit of not turning them off ,  they are always on for my  day job ...

I have been doing the vinyl thing for a month or two, and for the life of me, can not figure out how to do the black (or any other color for that matter) outline on ANYTHING!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

great work kingrupert

I have been doing the vinyl thing for a month or two, and for the life of me, can not figure out how to do the black (or any other color for that matter) outline on ANYTHING!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Look on youtube they have a bunch of videos on how to layer vinyl. That is how I learned. Do you use scalp? 

@ Knockonwood, yes, I use scalp pro, and I have tried to do the utube thing, but so far I haven't found the right video. I am still looking, though!! Thanx.

• Like 1

King Rupert,

Very nice work....  I have had my cutter for a month and a half or so.....

And am just now setting up my first two layer cut.

galaxygraphics here is first one that that I did. Make sure you put reference mark. Then select all copy and paste it. Move it to the right. Select just the name of the 2nd one. At the top go to object add shadow layer. check the box that says print + cut outline. Then when you go to cut you can select the colors you would like cut by selecting the cut by color tab. I black and green for the different color vinyl. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. 

post-37403-0-29505200-1369763651_thumb.p

post-37403-0-33233100-1369764514_thumb.j

As I've said before, I prefer to use oversized "+" symbols instead of diamonds as I find them much easier to line up properly the first time, but it's up to personal preference.

I use 72 pt Arial and type a "+" to create them.  My experience has shown that it's easier if you can line up the center of your registration marks and the "+" gives you a visible center point.

I first tried to use circles cut into 4 pie wedges and then take out every other wedge and alternate which wedges based on the color, but I always screwed it up and removed the wrong wedges...

As I've said before, I prefer to use oversized "+" symbols instead of diamonds as I find them much easier to line up properly the first time, but it's up to personal preference.

I use 72 pt Arial and type a "+" to create them.  My experience has shown that it's easier if you can line up the center of your registration marks and the "+" gives you a visible center point.

I first tried to use circles cut into 4 pie wedges and then take out every other wedge and alternate which wedges based on the color, but I always screwed it up and removed the wrong wedges...

I like the diamonds. I push down in the middle with my thumbs to make the tape and backing into a "U" shape then line up the right side of the left diamond and the left side of the right diamond. I might be like a 1/32 or a 1/16 of a inch off but you can't tell. What kind of transfer tape do you use OWjones? I will experiment your way

I was big on RTape Clear Choice AT60 (clear, plastic, medium tack) but recently switched over to RTape Clear Choice AT75 (clear, plastic, high tack) due it's grid pattern making it easy to tear straight by hand.  The grid pattern also allows air bubbles to easily escape.

I now use the AT75 for everything except for Oracal 631, for which I only use Oracal HT55, which I've had good success with.   The only other roll of paper tape I have is a 24" x 100' sample roll that I ordered only because I needed some wide tape for one job - most of what I do is small work.

I have AT60 medium tack and I found that its not sticky enough when I am doing layers. I don't know if picks up some of the backing when I transfer it  to the other layer or what. I might try AT75 high tack. That HT55 looks expensive. I love the GreenStar Layflat Classic Transfer Tape - Medium Tack for when i don't need to pay close attention to the letters it bends easy. Very easy to apply to walls or cars. Its not clear but you kind of see through it I call it my big role of masking tape.