Hummer

Constructive Criticism on my 'Logo'

post-17230-0-77740600-1336502937.jpgI have been fooling around with logos...really hard when you do it for yourself and are a newbie at this. Anyway, this is what I have come up with so far. What do you think? Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get my *** in gear and make up some business cards, etc. Any ideas would be great. My skin is thick...

Personally I would remove the grey fill on the D and g in D-Sign. Overall looks GREAT!

• Like 1

Personally I would remove the grey fill on the D and g in D-Sign. Overall looks GREAT!

That was my first thought too, even before I read your post.

DS FX ? Is that supposed to mean something?

-- The "F" is not right (outline closed)

-- D-Sign looks weird (too fat)

-- Overall, too much 'happening' in the logo (needs simplification)

My 2¢

You're kind of all over the place right now. My eyes have no idea where to look, so really your not getting any kind of message across. You need a focal point, and you need to vary the intensity of the rest.

Here is something i threw together really quick. Obviously not very in depth. No idea what exactly you're looking for, but just trying to show what a something a little more organized would look like.

post-18354-0-54972300-1336506938.jpg

• Like 2

ya, the lettering is too thick and its not clean and crisp.. I think you would be better off keeping a uniform type face that matches the FX. 3 fonts for one logo is quite a lot in my mind.

I too would remove the grey from the letters. Also my first thought before scrolling down.

AAndrews looks cleaner, personally, I would only use one D & S and incorporate the "sign" into those letters. Like "D-Sign" only. I've done a bunch of logos, you need to keep them simple and easy to reproduce. 1-2 colors tops to keep printing costs down, fonts that are easy to read, etc. Keep it simple!

Thank you all for the suggestions. As I stated above, I am very new at this and I was trying to keep it simple, but really have no idea what to do. Just playing. I must admit that AA logo is far superior to mine. Will try again... thank you.

I just scroll through fonts in Photoshop until something "speaks" to me. Without knowing what you're after, here's something I whipped up, easy to print on letterhead, t-shirts, etc.

DSFX-logo.jpg

• Like 1

Jeekinz...I love yours...I feel so stupid. What fonts did you use? Can I use this and tweak it if I like? Thanks much...

I'm not a fan of that SLASHER font (in red) -- it appears like a bloody wound.

Also, just keep in mind that D/S (or D-S) has another meaning, of a sexual nature.

I still don't know what FX means.

I'm not a fan of that SLASHER font (in red) -- it appears like a bloody wound.

Also, just keep in mind that D/S (or D-S) has another meaning, of a sexual nature.

I still don't know what FX means.

FX is another way of saying "effects". The colors were just for contrast, just trying to show that less is more when it comes to identity. Here's a softer version-

post-23893-0-78070600-1336570048.jpg

I like that design too, Can you try i th FX back in red, make it a couple points bigger and un-tilt it. Perhaps in caps to make it pop!

What font did you use?

Here is a quick variation....

post-12064-0-76591700-1336587832.png

I have like 25k fonts.

It's a sigh of relief when I decide on one. lol

I am in that same boat I hate how long it takes for my Flexi to start because of loading all of them. I have my cutting machine set up to open Flexi at startup so when I get in in the morning I just hit the power button and later on when I need to start cutting everything is up and ready.

I install fonts on the fly as I need them.... usually fonts are for a specific project. After, I note which ones I used, and delete them. The next time I pull them back out of a compressed zip file again. I have a pack that has like 50k some odd fonts.

Thank you once more to all for the suggestions. I am going to 'try' again today and see what I come up with. Thanks again...