RHConcepts

Is this font? if not how do I make it

I have someone that wants this to say bass not boost but Im not sure how to make it. If its just a font then great, if not then how would I make this?

boost.jpg

Thanks

Ugh....I always forget to look at section.....lol....

This is for illustrator..should be similar in Corel except commands may have different names.....

Type your text.....

Convert to outline.....

Add an offset path....

Select all the pieces of the offset path and weld them...

Remove extra bits of offset path if any.....

Select welded result to separate it from original text....

• Like 1

Ugh....I always forget to look at section.....lol....

This is for illustrator..should be similar in Corel except commands may have different names.....

Type your text.....

Convert to outline.....

Add an offset path....

Select all the pieces of the offset path and weld them...

Remove extra bits of offset path if any.....

Select welded result to separate it from original text....

Thanks I will give it a try tonight

here, pic which you find is closest...

quick inkscape trace

OP's post above "I have someone that wants this to say bass not boost"

He want's the font to make the word BASS...

• Like 1

OP's post above "I have someone that wants this to say bass not boost"

He want's the font to make the word BASS...

I found 4 or 5 fonts that were very close but not exact.He might be able to pull the 'b' and 's' out of the .eps and use the 'a' from one of those fonts.

This might work for you. used the boss and changed the b to an a then added an outline.

Hope it helps.

Rod

post-3064-0-80013100-1314730735_thumb.jp

BASS.eps

Bass, its for a kid with subs for car audio. I have a system in my truck and thought what a good place to go to find some work. So I took 1st at this last show and got some jobs. Thank you all for your help on this. And roxanneupnorth it was very close to what you said. Somethings named diffrent but I know what you talking about. So here is what I got out of it and he was very happy.

Boost20Gets20you20laid.jpg

bassgetsyoulaid.jpg

Not much luck on the font but it was a good pick of what I could find. I made mine a bit thicker so it would take up more room because bass was not as wide as boost. Other then trying to find the find it as easy thanks to roxanneupnorth.

Thanks again to everyone that helped

Bass, its for a kid with subs for car audio. I have a system in my truck and thought what a good place to go to find some work. So I took 1st at this last show and got some jobs. Thank you all for your help on this. And roxanneupnorth it was very close to what you said. Somethings named diffrent but I know what you talking about. So here is what I got out of it and he was very happy.

Boost20Gets20you20laid.jpg

bassgetsyoulaid.jpg

Not much luck on the font but it was a good pick of what I could find. I made mine a bit thicker so it would take up more room because bass was not as wide as boost. Other then trying to find the find it as easy thanks to roxanneupnorth.

Thanks again to everyone that helped

The original font is Compacta Black BT - compressed to 84% of original width - since you need it wder it might work fine at 100%. This font has come with a lot of versions of CorelDraw so chances are you already have it.

-Mike

• Like 1

The original font is Compacta Black BT - compressed to 84% of original width - since you need it wder it might work fine at 100%. This font has come with a lot of versions of CorelDraw so chances are you already have it.

-Mike

Strange I have 5 but I didnt see it. Ill go back and look. It would be nice to know in case I cut this again.

Nope I didnt have it so I downloaded it. Dam your good. How do you know the fonts so well? Does everyone have a font program that lets the look at all the fonts they have on the pc.

Its all fixed and looks better I think..

Thanks for the help

bassgetsyoulaid-1.jpg

Strange I have 5 but I didnt see it. Ill go back and look. It would be nice to know in case I cut this again.

Nope I didnt have it so I downloaded it. Dam your good. How do you know the fonts so well? Does everyone have a font program that lets the look at all the fonts they have on the pc.

Its all fixed and looks better I think..

Thanks for the help

bassgetsyoulaid-1.jpg

It was in CorelDraw 5 thru 11 for sure - I don't see it in x4 so it may not be in x5 either.

Here is a website with a download link

http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/compctak.html

Some times you can find old Corel Draw CDs in the bargain bins at an independent computer store...Chains just throw stuff out but independents kick it around for ever....And sometimes old Word Perfect CDs have the same fonts....I have Version 6.0 from 1995 and it still gets used for fonts and clip art.....Back then they came with nice books....

Some times you can find old Corel Draw CDs in the bargain bins at an independent computer store...Chains just throw stuff out but independents kick it around for ever....And sometimes old Word Perfect CDs have the same fonts....I have Version 6.0 from 1995 and it still gets used for fonts and clip art.....Back then they came with nice books....

Yeah I bought Coreldraw 11 Graphics Suite for $5.59 at Goodwill Industries last month. Came with the huge printed manuals. I have several versions starting with CorelDraw3

And the one I was using (on occasion) before getting 11 was CorelDraw5.

Yeah I bought Coreldraw 11 Graphics Suite for $5.59 at Goodwill Industries last month. Came with the huge printed manuals. I have several versions starting with CorelDraw3

And the one I was using (on occasion) before getting 11 was CorelDraw5.

I will have to keep a eye out. Getting the fonts on a cd sure beats downloading them.