Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Last Minute Banner

Guy calls me tuesday at like 5:30 asking if I can make him a banner for thursday (today)

I tell him I'll call around locally to suppliers to find a banner the size he wants, 2'x8'.

I tell him the price based off what he tells me and the picture he texts me..

He doesn't to buy the banner, he wants me to clean off his brothers banner, remove decals and permanet marker writing. I tell him I don't have time to do that.

He suggests the back, and we run with it.

I pick it up, at 5:30pm yesterday, design it, and he has it at 9pm.

2011-01-19_20-06-38_484.jpg

width=800 height=450http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/2011-01-19_21-03-24_767.jpg[/img]

What would you guys charge for this?

That looks really good. I've never done a banner before. How do you align everything (or what method do you use?) for it to come out so well?

I'd be at $96.00 retail printed.

I wouldn't even have used the back of another banner but then again if i was in your position i might have had to if it was make or break. I normally wouldn't though.There is no value in the sale from using something that's already been used to make some "new"

You spelled warranty wrong....About 125.00

He's convinced that means a warranty with a guarantee. I spelled correctly and he asked me to spell it that way

LOL I figured it was his idea not yours.  Just hope when people start pointing it out to him, he doesn't blame you. A warranty and a guarantee are pretty much the same thing.

I can always fix it. he needed it for the home improvement show this weekend and I was already planning on going so ill see him there

Just tell him you were looking on his website so you knew more about his products in case someone asked....And you noticed the corporate website spelled it wrong and he might want to point it out to them....

Back of the banner does not have proper coating /finish (unless it's double sided banner) and vinyl does not adhere properly to that kind of surface so it would be big NO-NO.

When customer insist on something I do not recommend I have them sign a waver, so I'm covered when c..p hits a fan.

Back of the banner does not have proper coating /finish (unless it's double sided banner) and vinyl does not adhere properly to that kind of surface so it would be big NO-NO.

When customer insist on something I do not recommend I have them sign a waver, so I'm covered when c..p hits a fan.

I advised him I couldn't be liable

Waivers only protect you from claims from your client....Despite any thing a client signs if their banner fails and if you will not replace it, they will bad mouth you all over town....If you are being asked to do something that is not good workmanship it is best to turn the work down....

He's the boss.....But still wrong....Or maybe the corporate website is wrong... http://www.deckmasters-tech.com

where on the webiste? I see Warranty,and I see Guarantee... but not Warrantee...but maybe I didn't dig deep enough/

Waivers only protect you from claims from your client....Despite any thing a client signs if their banner fails and if you will not replace it, they will bad mouth you all over town....If you are being asked to do something that is not good workmanship it is best to turn the work down....

fact..I've done back sides of banners that hung over streets for 2 weeks with no problems. For a trade show, a few days, I wouldn't worry about it. Roxanne ..sometimes you just think too damn much.

Joey...you did what you had to do, and probably will get a good customer out of it. I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep over it. Roxanne's hobby seems to be picking things apart and finding things to complain about. It is a proven pattern on here.

Waver is good in situations like when customer wants yellow lettering on white background and you advice him/ her not to do it, but customer insists on it.Or wrong spelling in this case.

Applying  vinyl on surface where it Should not be applyed is out Of question in My Shop.

Waver is good in situations like when customer wants yellow lettering on white background and you advice him/ her not to do it, but customer insists on it.Or wrong spelling in this case.

Applying  vinyl on surface where it Should not be applyed is out Of question in My Shop.

Yep!

He's the boss.....But still wrong....Or maybe the corporate website is wrong... http://www.deckmasters-tech.com

where on the webiste? I see Warranty,and I see Guarantee... but not Warrantee...but maybe I didn't dig deep enough/

That is the point I was trying to make.....The corporate office does not use the word "warrantee"...I was suggesting the client could tell the corporation they were wrong and I am sure the corporation would correct him.....That would take the heat of the sign maker....

Agree - we call it integrity - Neron and Guest know when to say no

That is the point I was trying to make.....The corporate office does not use the word "warrantee"...I was suggesting the client could tell the corporation they were wrong and I am sure the corporation would correct him.....That would take the heat of the sign maker....

oh,sarcasm...I didn't expect that.

Warranty is spelled correct on website. Forget the spelling, 1973 called and they want their pictures back. Maybe they can take some time out of their "award winning" and update site. Nice job on banner and turn around time. If you do as customer requested and you know it's wrong even after you point it out to him. You just have to say "It Is What It Is".