Sign in to follow this  
shersher

What kind of vinyl do you use?

I found a seller on Ebay which is http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Hometeam-Vinyl-Depot__W0QQ_armrsZ1 and they have some really great pricing. Has anyone ever used this company before?

Just curious if it is good quality materials. I know I see most people use Oracal

Also I have use Mactac, has anyone used that and like it? Just want to see what you pros say lol

Thank you

I haven't used it yet, but I was looking for some cheaper, but decent quality vinyl just for small personal projects and what not, and several people have said http://www.signdesignsupplies.com/ is pretty decent vinyl, and they do have pretty great prices, even with shipping, the more you buy the more you save compared to oracle.

Other wise, for professional or long outdoor use, I'd defintely say oracle.

And I've also heard a few times now that BGS isn't that great for only a little less than oracle.

Guest fivestar

Calendared vinyl is so cheap, stay with a name brand.

Oracal .... it's the cheapest vinyl I can get locally.

Although, back in the day (Banner) John shipped me a "starter" box of mixed vinyl color, sizes and brands. All of those cut great too.

I use mainly Oracal.............but have been hearing some great things about Freedom Cal!

I use mainly Oracal.............but have been hearing some great things about Freedom Cal!

i heard the same, but have not tried it out yet...munpower right?

I only use 2. Oracal and the vinyl from www.signdesignsupplies.com. I would be carefull with that ebay seller. their photos look exactly like the photos on a ebay auction where I got scammed with cheap vinyl and the seller never responded to complaints.

The vinyl was so cheap it would not stretch one bit. I would snap in pieces.

I only use 2. Oracal and the vinyl from www.signdesignsupplies.com. I would be carefull with that ebay seller. their photos look exactly like the photos on a ebay auction where I got scammed with cheap vinyl and the seller never responded to complaints.

The vinyl was so cheap it would not stretch one bit. I would snap in pieces.

Must be the same "shelf paper" that i bought when i first got into the vinyl scene. I bought like 10 rolls or whatever the deal was...I also got a refund from them...LOL. tears like paper

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback, overwhelmingly Oracal, so I guess I will work with that then. Has anyone worked with Mactac? I just has a small piece of that to test cut some things, it was pretty decent.

Oracal exclusively for me.  I've used mactac, it does alright but not as good for the small amount of savings

I AINT BEEN DOING THIS LONG BUT ALL I HAVE USED IS BGS THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I GOT THE CUTTER. MOST EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE IS MY RACECAR AND IT HAS NOT SHRUNK OR FADED AT ALL AND IT'S EXPOSED TO THE SUN AND HEAT FOR HOURS AT THE TRACK.BUT THE GREY VINYL IS JUNK.AND I HAVE MADE SOME LOGOS FOR MY FATHER IN LAW FOR HIS PULL TRUCK HAULER AND FOR HIS SEMI DOORS IN BLACK BGS AND IT STILL LOOKS AS GOOD NOW AS IT DID WHEN I PUT THEM ON NO SHRINKING OR ANYTHING. BEEN ON THERE A YEAR ALMOST AND OUTDOORS IN THE WEATHER EVERYDAY. BUT I DO PLAN ON BUYING ALL ORACAL NEXT TIME. ALSO I DO NOT LIKE THE ORANGE EITHER BECAUSE IT IS SO THIN I GUESS THAT EVERYTHING BEHIND IT SHOWS THROUGH IT.

Avery and Oracal here. I'd like to move to use only 3M but after a customer supplied graphic install, i don't like how 3M vinyl lays compared to my Avery and Oracal.

I use Primarily Oracal, with a little LG and Avery Thrown in. Avoid BGS like the plague. I still have 8-10 3yd rolls of this crap that will die a slow decaying death under the bench before I make anything out of it again. Once you use good vinyl you'll never go back.

Even between the same grade of Oracal and LG, the Oracal is much more supple and easier to work with. I just use the LG when I have to have it now and need to pick it up locally. The Avery i have is all overstock I bought. It's pretty good too, but haven't made a ton of stuff with it.

If you have to avoid certain colors of vinyl because they are too thin and not the same as the other colors, it's time to find a new vinyl. If I order roll of 651 in 7 different colors, I expect them ALL to cut and weed the same. This isn't the case with cheap crappy vinyl.

Kevin

Guest Terry

I use Primarily Oracal, with a little LG and Avery Thrown in. Avoid BGS like the plague. I still have 8-10 3yd rolls of this crap that will die a slow decaying death under the bench before I make anything out of it again. Once you use good vinyl you'll never go back.

Even between the same grade of Oracal and LG, the Oracal is much more supple and easier to work with. I just use the LG when I have to have it now and need to pick it up locally. The Avery i have is all overstock I bought. It's pretty good too, but haven't made a ton of stuff with it.

If you have to avoid certain colors of vinyl because they are too thin and not the same as the other colors, it's time to find a new vinyl. If I order roll of 651 in 7 different colors, I expect them ALL to cut and weed the same. This isn't the case with cheap crappy vinyl.

Kevin

TRUE>>>>>> TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I started out with the BGS stuff only because it came with the machine (I swear thats the only way they can sell that stuff is to pakage it up with new machines).  I then switched to the Oracal and absolutely loved it, but the place I was buying it from wont sell it in anything less than a full 50yd roll so im now using FDC from another place. They will sell me any length I want at the same price per yard as the Oracal place was charging for full rolls.

Ben

I've only used Oracal 651 but will stick with that unless I need cast vinyl for cars or something.

Now I am looking for R-Tape high-tack AT 75 app-tape! I wish US Cutters sold this because they have pretty good prices on shipping.  :thumbsup:

Other then able to get a bunch of colors in 10ft lengths, 3 - 10ft rolls(same color) is only about a $1.00 cheaper than a 10yard roll of Oracal 651 from fellers... why chance it for a $1.00 savings?

totally agree