stickygrafix

Silk screening with vinyl

Ok, I was watching videos on youtube on silk screening and stumbled across beardowns video that he had made!!!! We may not hear from him much, but I found his video again!

Yeah, he disappeared... along with other good contributors... Like Billy Hughes...  :)

Great video buy the way!

been working my butt off but looks like it is going to slow down very soon ...... be back very soon yall

Guest fivestar

Well he does still live, good to see you still around Beardown.

thanks guys but i am back and sorry fo rthe brief disapperance ....... hey bears start tomorrow agaist the  the chargers ....heres to the bears openinging 1-0 ~~~~~~34 to 20 bears win !!!

welcome back, time to take a break, watch the half time show, crack open a brew and catch up on 2 months of back posts.  Dt

Very cool video.  I used to own a screen printing shop and I really miss being able to make t-shirts whenever I want.  This could open up a world of possibilities.  I suppose multicolor screen printing is do-able using the same process.  Now, where is the "how to make your own press and flash dryer video?"

I'd like to make my own press too but I can't find any really good instructions. I would like to make at LEAST a 2 color press but ideally a 4 color press. I know that there are really good instructions out there somewhere but I can't find them. I even bought a pdf off of ebay for $1.99 on how to but I don't like the instructions they gave.

Guest fivestar

Beardown sorry about those Bears this weekend ;D 

I tell you what ..around here the first Bears game in my LIFE  is a freaking holiday ! ! ! !I called off my NORM job and had a great time .... whatched our Defense dominate the high powered offense of San Deigo ....Held the MVP pf last year to 21 rushing yards .... we had 3 stupid turnovers late 3..1 early in the game in the red zone ,,,, if we played mistake free we would have shut them out ..... I am happy abou the way our defense punched them in their stupid face ...... that said we had two players get hurt for the season ...not good but we have excellent backups .....so dont get your hopes up yet ken ,,,, they Bears still are the team to beat in the NFC ..... Seachickens ;D

Thanks I am glad that you guys like the video ...I have been so busy I mean SOOOOO busy that I have time to do nothing ...... I have a 5 day weekend coming up so maybe that i can upload the other 2 then ,,,,

Thaks again

;D DOWN

It is truly a sad day ....them aagin our day will come in sunny glendale arizona in about 41/2 months ......

Ohh and ken

Bears 1-1

Seahawks 1-1 ...your on a losing streak !

BEARDOWN !

Try a fake audible in a loud visitor stadium, and mix the signals, then cough up the ball.  WHY!!??!!    :dontknow:

Then let the Cards watlz in to fieldgoal range with no time left.........

:xxx

You got me  ;D

Let's see what happens this Sunday.....        ;D

Beardown,

Did you make those shirts this year too? If so I have one of them.

Does anyone have any idea of how many prints can be made before the vinyl suffers any damage ?

I would like to know too...how long before the vinyl is no longer useable, how many shirts? Thanks.

Also I could use a video or a link to a DIY Screen Press and Flash Dryer?

I used this process to make a few shirts, couple comments;

The vinyl is much thicker than a typical emulsion coating, so the ink will be much thicker and have a fairly heavy hand.

This additional ink thickness also makes the ink squeeze out between your shirt and the print surface much more than typical emulsion, so your edges will get blurry rather quickly.

I wouldnt use this method on designs with small "floating" elements.  It looked like the squeegeing would have made short work of small pieces of vinyl with little adhesive.

I printed a dozen or so shirts with this and all of the elements above started to combine, leading me to believe I didnt have many more before the stencil was junk.

With that being said, this is an awesome technique for short runs.  I can actually make a few one-offs for myself, and remember why I started doing this in the first place!

For an awesome DIY press, search Youtees on youtube.  Theres a ton of videos, and you can get enough info from them to build a similar press.  This is a completely different technique than a standard rotary press.  Lee (youtees) was selling the kits at a pretty reasonable price, but he disappeared and doesnt answer emails anymore.

If anyone is interested, I can send photos of my setup for more info.

Think I am going to purchase a silk screen press very soon after seeing that video.  Awesome video by the way.

-Zoom