john!

Car Vehicle Lettering I Did Today

Hey, i had a call around 8:30 this morning from a real estate agent who wanted her vehicle lettered.

Charged $145 Installed for the job, i threw in the back window banner also. Used 651 white.

Customer was more than happy with it and has already referred another customer to me for later in the week.  :( :(

venisjackson2.jpg

width=800 height=600http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4065/venisjackson.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3119/vjacksondone3.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5118/vjacksondone.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1623/vjacksondonebackwindow2.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3320/vjacksondonebackwindow.jpg[/img]

Looks great! Did you put it on both the sides of the auto and the back window? You must be where it is warm to be installing on auto's today. It is 32 below here with the windshield. Congrats on getting a referal so soon!

Christi

Looks great! Did you put it on both the sides of the auto and the back window? You must be where it is warm to be installing on auto's today. It is 32 below here with the windshield. Congrats on getting a referal so soon!

Christi

Installed on the rear window and 2 sedan windows. It's about 42 here today, had no issues installing at all.

looks great John. I do have a question for ya though or anyone else for that matter. I've never done anything like that just yet, pretty much still learning but anyhow. Would the rear defroster do anything to the vinyl?  Thanks for the input.

Mike

looks great John. I do have a question for ya though or anyone else for that matter. I've never done anything like that just yet, pretty much still learning but anyhow. Would the rear defroster do anything to the vinyl?  Thanks for the input.

Mike

The defroster won't hurt it at all. If it's cold it will heat up the glass but won't hurt it. It would help it better adhere if anything  :(

Thanks everybody!

This week period has been so great for me. I'm lettering her friends vehicle tomorrow, she has a SUV and will be doing Avery A9 Silver Shimmer on her two side glass windows and the back which i'll post.

The real estate client and the other one have been just the best clients in the world. Never haggled on price, very nice and when i asked "what color would you like and design" they said "what do you wanna do?" haha i love it!  :thumbsup:

I love those customers.....the ones that say well you decide, or what do you think looks best!!  Way to go!!! :thumbsup:

so given that I'm just getting started with this, so just a few quick Q's for you...

what machine did you cut that on?

What's the going rate for a job like that?

Thanks everybody!

This week period has been so great for me. I'm lettering her friends vehicle tomorrow, she has a SUV and will be doing Avery A9 Silver Shimmer on her two side glass windows and the back which i'll post.

The real estate client and the other one have been just the best clients in the world. Never haggled on price, very nice and when i asked "what color would you like and design" they said "what do you wanna do?" haha i love it!  :(

three words I love to hear: "You're the expert".

Gotta love it when they say that. I like to think that part of our job is trying to keep people from doing something they will regret.

thanks for the reply John.  That new (literally) one looks great too.  That design looks great, and that logo is really cool.  ...but (my opinion only) are you worried about how easily read those letters would be by drivers-by?  I always hesitate on using elaborate letters on advertisements just due to the difficulty to read them in just a quick glimpse.  Did you warn the owner not to use his/her rear wiper?  ..or do you think it can stand up to the abuse the wiper will put it through?  Do you live in an area where it snows?  I'm just curious because I know and ice scraper will those graphics worst nightmare. 

Also, I know it wouldn't apply to this application seeing as the windows are factory tinted, but has anyone tried reversing the images and applying the graphics to the inside of the windows?  Does that display well, or does the auto glass distort the image or make it difficult to see well?

thanks for the reply John.  That new (literally) one looks great too.  That design looks great, and that logo is really cool.  ...but (my opinion only) are you worried about how easily read those letters would be by drivers-by?  I always hesitate on using elaborate letters on advertisements just due to the difficulty to read them in just a quick glimpse.  Did you warn the owner not to use his/her rear wiper?  ..or do you think it can stand up to the abuse the wiper will put it through?  Do you live in an area where it snows?  I'm just curious because I know and ice scraper will those graphics worst nightmare. 

Also, I know it wouldn't apply to this application seeing as the windows are factory tinted, but has anyone tried reversing the images and applying the graphics to the inside of the windows?  Does that display well, or does the auto glass distort the image or make it difficult to see well?

It snows about 3 times a year in Maryland if that and i did tell the client not to use the wiper.

The client got exactly what she liked and i think the lettering is fine as it's more for glancing at as they sit in our local town at stop lights ect  :(

Was that reflective vinyl that you used too? 

All in all, that's a very cool design, and as you said, the client got exactly what she wanted which is the key.  What I really like about it is the phone number is VERY easy to read.  All too often I'm driving down the highway, see a cool graphic advertising a company, and the phone number is the most difficult thing to make out in the whole design.  Riiiiiiight.  Also, I'm not sure how many times you've seen it, but I see it plenty around here, where although Connecticut has two area codes, and borders New York (as well as having many New York vehicles traveling through it all day every day), some insist on not having an area cods in the graphic.  ...I like to guess at numbers when I'm trying to quickly jot down a company and number I happen to see while driving.  :(

I also like how even though it's big enough for anyone to read, and is dead smack in the center of the windows, it's small enough to not impede the drivers view out any of the windows.

Did she already have that scissor logo, or did you make it for her? 

I love it! It looks classy. The sissor logo is awesome. Did you use metalic vinyl for the first picture. Great work John!

Christi

Thanks again for the comments!

Used Avery 9 year silver shimmer which passes for metallic silver and is cheaper  :( :(

the logo was clipart i found and is now her new brand mark