COACH H

VINYL GLITTER CUTTING SEETINGS

I have an mh871 cutter, I am trying to find the settings on speed and pressure to cut vinyl glitter, can someone help me. Thanks

I don't use that brand of plotter, but a good sharp 60* degree blade would be where I would start with, you'll have to experiment until you find that sweet spot. What brand of glitter vinyl are you using? Sometimes you may have to make 2 passes, let the machine do the work, not the blade, (as in to much exposed) I have cut thousands of yards of the stuff with very little troubles, other than dull or bad blades.

Thank You, I think I will try with the 60* blade I did 500 speed and 170 deep, on the first one I did but it cost me a lot of time and it was hard to peel .

the numbers for pressure will be different with every cutter - especially between different manufactures - but I am curious what a 170 depth is??? or maybe I am reading it wrong and that is the pressure - again that will be different even between different batches of the mh mainboards - some are in the low 2 digit and some versions have been in the 3 digit range

• Like 1

500 Speed sounds too fast. I have never owned am MH but most of the budget cutters aim (with varying accuracy) at MM/sec and I wouldn't cut it that fast on my $3500 Summa. I would say 150 or 200 max speed. I cut regular HTV at 200 and glitter at about 100 personally.

• Like 1

Dakotagrafx I mean depth Im new into this terms, but yes I used 170 depth and 500 speed, Thanks @ Wildgoose for the response

17 hours ago, COACH H said:

Dakotagrafx I mean depth Im new into this terms, but yes I used 170 depth and 500 speed, Thanks @ Wildgoose for the response

If you're talking about the settings on the cutter, they are for speed and pressure. Depth would be controlled by how much blade you have sticking out of the cutter and there are probably a hundred or most post on the forums about how to correctly set the blade exposure. Do a search for them and follow the instructions then it'll just be a matter of adjusting your speed. I run around 150 on mine for standard vinyl.

I have an SC cutter and it took me awhile before I got the glitter speed/pressure set right. At first I wouldn't even be able to peel it. Like they said, all cutters will be different, but for a reference point, if you would like, I cut regular HTV at 300 speed/30 pressure. The glitter I have found I have to take my speed down to 200, and the pressure to 150. Cuts and weeds perfect. I am fairly new to this but have done 5 glitter shirts in the last week and It worked perfect.

This helps me out too, ty! I have a SC2 as well. I haven't found the right pressure, but I did find out that the speed slower works much better.

Do you adjust the blade depth to the thickness of the glitter? Also, would you place the glitter vinyl upside down and mirror cut? I'm a newbie so any advice would help.

Thank you!

HTV glitter or foil adhesive vinyl?  If foil, just up your pressure. If htv, I keep a spare blade that is deeper and 60* angle.