Sign in to follow this  
AAndrews19

World Class Grass

No, this is not an ad for medical marijuana...

I haven't posted any work on here in a long time, so I thought I'd post a recent (ongoing) job. A landscaper came to me after changing his business name to "World Class Grass". He wanted to do something a little different than the typical tree/ mower type logo, so I sketched up some quick ideas which eventually led to this. I kept the details very basic, knowing that he'd likely have me do his truck and trailer, and who knows what else...

post-18354-0-94201500-1396802507_thumb.j

If you guys aren't offering logo/ brand design as a service, I highly suggest you do. If you avoid it simply because it is a skill you lack, you can easily sub out the design work to someone with the skills. So much of my work has been a direct result of offering logo design. A logo design quickly turns in to vehicle graphics, then t-shirts... then trailer graphics... then business cards...... then lawn signs... ...you get the point.

I will have more stuff to post from this over the next week or so. Doing a truck for this guy tomorrow. Meanwhile... just finised up these shirts and hoodies for him. Broke the logo down to 1 color for the shirts/ hoodies because he's on a tight budget.

post-18354-0-90614700-1396802952_thumb.j

• Like 5

On the green shirts, I would have gone with a reverse (where the grass is growing)

I gotta give a lot of credit for putting thought into a design though and not just picking a pre made one and cutting

• Like 1

Definately not crazy about a reverse done in one color.

Back to Andrews first upload... 2 colors HTV with cutouts on a green shirt...YES.

post-43059-0-01326800-1396824179_thumb.p

Excuse the quick. crude mockups... Busy round here today.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the way it looked reversed.

Did one of his trucks today. Would have liked to get some better photos, but the weather was pretty miserable today.

post-18354-0-99068000-1396913805_thumb.jpost-18354-0-65313900-1396913808_thumb.j

post-18354-0-33368900-1396913807_thumb.j

• Like 5

Great looking work Andrew i like the banner for the number it matches the logo very well and gives continuity to the design.

Dan

• Like 3

Thanks Dan! It was kind of a last minute decision to add the banner behind the number. The number just looked way too lonely back there by itself. I actually didn't charge the guy anything extra for it, because I couldn't stand how it looked without it.

Also, my name is actually Alex. Last name is Andrews :)

• Like 2