MadHatterGraphix

Starting to loose it.

Ok first let me start out by saying it doesn't have to do with anything based on the forum or the business.. ok well it has to do with one thing with the business....My dad. Ever since mom went into the hospital (which she is still in) he pisses and moans about everything, rehashes things that happened years ago, and bitches about every little thing. He complains this or that isn't done, I get yelled at cause I'm not working fast enough. I work almost 14 hrs of the day if not more on this business while he just sits and bitches. I'm loosing it and fast. I cant get away and no family members want to help.

Alright I feel a little better venting and I apologize to anyone who may find this offense or waaaay off topic because lets face it is a little. If anyone has advice or methods on how to release stress without beating on something let me know. Thank you.

My advise is to realize that you are doing really good. I'm sure your dad is having a hard time dealing with your mom's health issues. Not sure if there is anything that can be done to help him deal with it but that would definitely get him off your back. From what you have told everyone you are holding your home / family together and that is not an easy job especially since your other family isn't stepping up to do it. Keep on trucking and talk to your dad about whats going on. 

Monkey

Yup I'm basically a live in help both parents are falling a part, dads got screwed up hips, and knees, mom has had bad legs for about a decade, and keeps getting hernias and now with her bypass and next surgery to rebuild her stomach its going to worse. I have an older brother who doesn't really give a crap bout them unless he needs money.

Ted,

I will try to hold on as long as I can keeping sane in an insane environment is not easy.

Yeah your going to have to take the bad with the good. I dont know your whole situation but by choosing to be in that situation your going to have to take the bad as well as the good. Its just part of some choices we make. Right, wrong or indifferent, we have to just deal with whatever our choices bring us or change the choice.

You have to make and take time for yourself. You'll go crazy for sure if you don't. Some sort of outlet or downtime. Even if it's only a 30 minutes a day you have to have something to look forward to. Morning walk, a TV show, go sit at Starbucks and talk to a pretty girl, anything you will enjoy.

• Like 1

Care givers can end up with rage and remorse toward the ones that they are caring for as Ted said you must take time to help your self some way . If your parents are on social security and Medicare they may qualify for some type home health care I am sure your mother will be considered semi invalid with all her health problems it would be worth a shot anyways . Good luck

• Like 1

It is pretty simple. When they are gone, think back. You will probably realize the bitching and care wasn't so bad after all.

• Like 1

hang in there  Martin, better days are coming.  yesterday I started my biggest order to date and the printer decided to have a fit (after having many maint parts replaced the day before it decides to drop the black channel) spent and hour troubleshooting and got it going  at 100 percent - was praying when I started back up today and all well so far but stress doesn't begin to describe what I am feeling right now.   We both can make it taking it one day at a time - heck some days are 1 hour at a time :)  Back to work for me.  got a good start on it 32 on off 18x24 coro's and 4 banners done today so far

• Like 1

My sanity has been gone for so long I barely remember what it was like. Sometimes you have to step back and look at the world around you and laugh. Other times you just need to drink. A note on the drinking, it seemed like a great idea at the time but I think that my sanity is at the bottom of 1 of those bottles.

• Like 2

as the caregiver for my 90 year old mom with alzheimers..I feel your pain. I gave up my own (paid for) home,friends,girlfriends, and a shop to be here.... just bite the bullet and remember it won't always be like this.

• Like 4

See if your state offers a in home helper at a reduced fee, even if it is for one day a week it would help with your sanity. It is a tough spot to be in, but I am sure you would feel worse if you didn't help. Good luck.

• Like 1

X3 on the state assistance. Even if it's not permanent you can most likely get some sort of in home care. Check out your local disability, SSI, Medicare agencies.

• Like 1

you just need one of these to get away for a few minutes and see things from a new angle  1185769_330555690415069_1744922094_n.jpg

• Like 1

You guys have given me some good ideas, I did take a couple of ours while he slept and aged some cod black ops II only to find out that drives me crazier than him.

LOL! I try not to start playing past 9:00 pm because I get excited and don't want to go to bed. Are you a gun guy / shooter? Fisherman or . . . I still haven't purchased a fishing license this year but truly believe that is a very negative thing when it comes to my sanity and day time productivity. I haven't been following my own advice lately and do notice the burned out feeling coming on. I talked with a very old, long lost friend today and we are going to try and get a short fishing trip in next weekend. 

Like you I slip off to my Half Life II DEATH MATCH game and shoot,mame,destroy anything and anyone that moves ...You're dead meat..your mine.....

Daytime...I practice the drums

Night...I rub my dog's belly. It does us both a world of good.

• Like 2

My "step away from reality" is to sit down face to face with my Basset Hound and talk to him.....he just seems to get me

sleepingslider.jpg

• Like 1

My "step away from reality" is to sit down face to face with my Basset Hound and talk to him.....he just seems to get me

sleepingslider.jpg

great advise right there - Brinkley makes a good listener but seldom offers much in the way of advice (other than scratch my bellly)

This is my little girl...She is what I guess to be a soothing at times that I feel lost or or just pist off...That's all..My Little Girl who wont have me worrying about any boyfriends or loaning her the car and all that stuff...

post-36467-0-75202400-1376601959_thumb.j

• Like 1

This is the whole herd. The cat doesnt realize he is different then the rest of them, so he hangs out with them all the time

olympicsleeping.jpg

• Like 2

Here's 1 of my 4. Don't try to tell him he ain't human, he'll never believe you

photobucket-10764-1376590765155_zps06b91

• Like 1