Sign in to follow this  
scribe

cutter will not cut!

I keep getting "Sending output to cutter" when I choose "cut tile" but then nothing happens, the box just disappears. I am using Windows XP, usb connection, port correctly chosen (USB serial port, Com 3), all parameters the same in Device Manager and in SignBlazer setup, flow control "hardware" chosen in each case. I have tried pulling the USB pug out and reinserting it, still no cutting. What else should I change???

Thanks for any help!

Larry

Is the Baud rate matched up with the device manager, the software, AND the cutter? Which model cutter? Have you tried a different USB port on the computer?

Thanks, but no luck.

Baud rates all match up. Tried a different USB port, nothing. My machine is USCutter LaserPoint (PCut CTE 630 HPGL).

Any other ideas?

Larry

Ken, what driver update is that? I don't have LaserPoint on the list of cutters. I'm still using PCUT, and quite frankly almost hesitant to want to update the driver, since what I have not works.  :)

Could the reason for not cutting be that I am using the Trial version of SignBlazer??? The program won't take my activation number because I just got a new computer and have been forced to use the Trial version for a while. Can you cut with the Trial Version???

Larry

Could the reason for not cutting be that I am using the Trial version of SignBlazer??? The program won't take my activation number because I just got a new computer and have been forced to use the Trial version for a while. Can you cut with the Trial Version???

Larry

No. If it is configured correctly, it will cut in Trial Mode just as it does in the activated mode.

What else should I change? Or should I just invest in the serial port (my new computer doesn't have one!). I always used the serial port before with no problem.

Larry

Ken, what driver update is that? I don't have LaserPoint on the list of cutters. I'm still using PCUT, and quite frankly almost hesitant to want to update the driver, since what I have not works.  ;D

Sorry I missed this.....if you have something that is working for you, I would not change it.

Scribe, don't know if you are still having a problem, but my machine was not cutting either. Just got it fixed today.

Is the blade cartridge hitting either of the red kill buttons on the sides? That was my problem. If so, I can tell you how to fix it.

TR

I just bought a serial cable... it's reading now but I get the same issue as the original post.  The blade cartridge was hitting the kill switch but isn't anymore... so I'm not sure why it's not cutting.  Please help.

dumb question...did you change the port setting in the software? It should be com1 with the serial.

smart question... I guess not since I'm not sure how to change it.

Could you tell me how?

And whats with the BAUD setting?

AND everytime the cutter resets, it hits the kill switch again.

in your cutter settings....in the cutter software,just click on 'setup' and change the com port. Baud rate on the refine is 9600 by default.

Kill switch thing, I have no idea.When you hit reset,the carriage is supposed to return to the starting point,which is where the kill switch is.

I checked it... it all matched.

if you checked it and didn't have to change anything,then it was wrong in the first place.If it was set to com 1, it would NOT have worked with USB.

No... matched as in I matched it.  I should have said "matches" not "matched."

Now... I will have you know that I just put a trial version of SB on my desktop & I am not having that same problem.  So maybe part of this is a Vista problem? Could that be? My laptop has Vista but my desktop has XP.

The issue on the desktop now is after I design the image in SB, I hit cutter & its a black page.  I see the little cutter image with the "vinyl" that usually shows my image... but it blank.

How do we get around this issue?

Well... since I switched to the laptop, I won't worry about the Vista thing for now.

I just need to figure out why my design isn't showing up when I try to send it to the cutter.

Hey... at least its a SB issue now, not the cutter, right?

yes. Is the image you are designing inside the work space? ONly what is inside the work space will show up.

Just a thought.....

Have you checked that the port settings in SBE are the same as in the computers device manager?

Right click on my computer

> properties

> hardware tab

> click on Device Manager

> look under Ports (COM & LPT)

Mine tends to change due to the earths gravitational pull south of the equator.