Sign in to follow this  
Chuckle monkey

small orders of Reflective or Shiny Vinyl?

My Cousin on the Local Fire Department wants me to make him a shield decal for his truck.  He just wanted a white one but I opened my big mouth and said we should make a fancy one.  I want to make something with a reflective Red background with a Chrome design.  My head is spinning looking at all the options.  I would like to keep these 12"x12" and around $30.  Doesnt have to be anything too fancy but man that stuff is expensive.  Anyone have any Ideas where I should look or a certain brand of Vinyl that would be a good choice?  Thanks a bunch!!!

15" by 10 yards is there smallest -  usc also sells oracal reflective but i have always used 3m

The lower grade oracal (forgot the number) doesn't last long at all. I'm switching back to 3m and readjusting my prices accordingly.

I have NOT used the reflective vinyls from Foxfire, but I've used some of their other materials and have had no problems - nothing has been on for more than 2 years, so I can't attest to long term durability, either.

They do sell 24" wide by 6 foot rolls of red reflective for $21.99 which is about the cheapest I've seen. It claims up to a 5 year outdoor life.  

• Like 1

What transfer tape do you use for 3m reflector

I use the same transfer tape for about everything 4075rla

Ditto in most instances for me, too.

I actually just installed some reflective on a mailbox and used RTape AT75 clear tape (because it was the right width and within reach) and it worked just fine - no problems with lifting off the liner, or releasing once installed.