Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

No text in SCALP from AI

I know this has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find the threads. I use AI CS6 to arch text, as SCALP absolutely suck for it. Even SCAL4P's text on arch is terrible. So I draw up my design in AI, save as AI, EPS and even SVG; but SCALP loses the text in every format. I can save as jepg and trace in scalp, but lose detail of course. I can't get the export plugin to load in AI either.

So I try Corel5..... Plugin installed correctly. I exported in SCALP, no text there either.

Any ideas? USCutter won't answer the phone.

USCutter does not do support for SCALP,  That is Craftedge.com     And they also have their own forum for future problems.

• Like 1

If nothing else, use signblazer text follow arc, its so easy even I figured it out. and it works pretty good.

Donn

isn't it kind of sad when the most common answer on a software is to download another software that works better and hasn't been updated in 7+ years.   just an observation

• Like 3

I think Wildgoose gave you the answer.  I did not see that you created outlines and expanded after typing.

Cal

Skeeter, USCutter DOES support issues like this. There's a plugin download on their page. I created a ticket awhile back and they told me to download it, and if I still had trouble to call them.

You guys are making this harder than it has to be plus it was already answered, but to reiterate.

Once you finish your design, click on the text you have created, right click and hit, create outline.

Save

Open SCALP Import, done.

1_zpsebb930e5.jpg

Notice I only selected one of the text boxes to convert.

2_zps5b0b032d.jpg

3_zps8f138325.jpg

4_zps3ea4518f.jpg

5_zpsd4cb991e.jpg

6_zps2aa0931d.jpg

8_zps4da6b018.jpg

• Like 1