Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

Plastic letters

Nice work for sure.  Are they just thick plastic/plexiglass that you cut out?  What did you cut them out with?

Cal

Nice work for sure.  Are they just thick plastic/plexiglass that you cut out?  What did you cut them out with?

Cal

Those are GEMINI letters, I would imagine.

You place an order for the entire set, they send them to you in a box, with a template, and then you have to get up there with ladders or a bucket truck and put the template onto the surface wall, and the template allows you to mark points where to drill holes and install studs. Then, you remove the template and start placing individual letters onto the studs.

Time consuming, but the end result is quite impressive.

• Like 2

Cal

Slice is correct those are Gemini letters I have installed literally thousands of them in the last 20 year's.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  I will have to surf on over to Gemini and look around.  Today might be a good day to stay inside and do this!

Cal

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  I will have to surf on over to Gemini and look around.  Today might be a good day to stay inside and do this!

Cal

This type of work is highly profitable.

I did one years ago that was on a State building (got the job by bidding). In order to win the contract, I had to be the lowest bid, but even then, I made a LOT of money on 23 characters, plus mounting.

The day we went out there to install, I had to have a permit from the city in order to close the sidewalk so the bucket truck could work.

Dimensional letters are very cool, and can be combined with regular vinyl onto signs to create a spectacular effect.

post-21408-0-17127600-1420811100_thumb.j

This type of work is highly profitable.

I did one years ago that was on a State building (got the job by bidding). In order to win the contract, I had to be the lowest bid, but even then, I made a LOT of money on 23 characters, plus mounting.

The day we went out there to install, I had to have a permit from the city in order to close the sidewalk so the bucket truck could work.

Dimensional letters are very cool, and can be combined with regular vinyl onto signs to create a spectacular effect.

And there are also metal letters, backlighted channel letters, logos and shapes there isnt much that gemini cant produce.

And like slice said very good profit from the sale and install of demisonal letters.

Yeah that's nice looking. So on a metal building like that one do you have to go inside and install some backing to set your studs into? 

@ wild goose

no actually you use a combination stud and pad mounting the pad is adjustable along the threaded stud to adjust to offsets and the stud goes into holes you drill from a

pattern you apply a good commercial/industrial silicone to hold them in pace. quite simple really

@ wild goose

no actually you use a combination stud and pad mounting the pad is adjustable along the threaded stud to adjust to offsets and the stud goes into holes you drill from a

pattern you apply a good commercial/industrial silicone to hold them in pace. quite simple really

I'll have to look into the system. Sounds interesting and definitely looks fantastic.