Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

A Etched Christmas Gift

Looks good hatter. I haven't had too much time lately with family and all. But am getting a couple

Of things ready to do soon. Just starting to do 500 bricks for Humane society for their building

The walking dead for Christmas... Ha ha! Makes me feel all warm inside. 

• Like 1

rlvied Wish I could say the same being having issues in life so I haven't done anything else but for family.

Wild I know what you mean however she is such a big walking dead fan.

• Like 1

Waiting on my air eraser to get here so I can play if I ever get over the flu. Glasses came out nice.

• Like 1

Jaybird, you will outgrow the air eraser real fast. Something like that glass would take 5 to 10 minutes with an air eraser. About that many seconds in my blast cabinet. Air erasers can't get much depth either.

• Like 3

rlvied Wish I could say the same being having issues in life so I haven't done anything else but for family.

Wild I know what you mean however she is such a big walking dead fan.

I have no problem with the zombies at all. It just struck me funny. It actually made my day! 

• Like 1

I actually am going for the frosted look not the chunky effect and the paasche I ordered has the remote pot so you're not constantly trying to fill it. If it doesn't do what I need I'm running a 60 gallon compressor so I have room to grow.

• Like 3

What do you guys use to mask off before blasting?  I tinkered before with using scrap Oracle 651 but it wanted to lift.

I made a "mask" from two different sizes of plastic water bottles.  One size was correct to set the glass into and cover the bottom 2 inches or so, the other was a larger bottle that covers the top of the glass down maybe a 1/2 to 3/4 inch.  I then use masking tape to secure those and just use masking tape to fill in the gaps.

On mugs, I use a rectangle of plastic sheeting and wrap it up using masking tape to secure it in place.

I would like to hear what some others are using also.  On the glasses, I can wrap and have ready for the sandblaster in about 1 minute after the decal is attached and weeded.  It takes me just a little longer to do a mug.   I just finished up a 100 glass & mug order - I was happy to have a system down for it.

Cal

• Like 1

I made a "mask" from two different sizes of plastic water bottles.  One size was correct to set the glass into and cover the bottom 2 inches or so, the other was a larger bottle that covers the top of the glass down maybe a 1/2 to 3/4 inch.  I then use masking tape to secure those and just use masking tape to fill in the gaps.

On mugs, I use a rectangle of plastic sheeting and wrap it up using masking tape to secure it in place.

I would like to hear what some others are using also.  On the glasses, I can wrap and have ready for the sandblaster in about 1 minute after the decal is attached and weeded.  It takes me just a little longer to do a mug.   I just finished up a 100 glass & mug order - I was happy to have a system down for it.

Cal

That's some great thinking! I don't mass produce but will definitely think along those lines if I get a big order some day.