Sign in to follow this  
joker

small cut with SC model

Wife gave me and early birthday present. It is a ihome bluetooth speaker which sounds amazing. So today i decided to personalize it with some decals. This decal is 2.5 inches tall and about 1.8 inches wide..  Posting this so the people with the Sc model cutter can see that you can cut smaller stuff. it just takes some dialing in

post-35399-0-94898800-1419457007_thumb.j

• Like 5

Love my sc.  It can cut pieces so small that I've needed magnifying glass just to weed projects.  

Joker, and LPWash - what blades and settings are you using?  I just swapped up to the clean cut 60* blade - reset offset to .5 and it has a tendency to pull up the vinyl on sharp corners.  I was not having this problem with the original 45* chinese blade that came with the machine.  My speed is at 200 and pressure at 40.  This is cutting Oracal 651 on my SC25.

Thanks,

Cal

Joker, and LPWash - what blades and settings are you using?  I just swapped up to the clean cut 60* blade - reset offset to .5 and it has a tendency to pull up the vinyl on sharp corners.  I was not having this problem with the original 45* chinese blade that came with the machine.  My speed is at 200 and pressure at 40.  This is cutting Oracal 651 on my SC25.

Thanks,

Cal

too much blade can cause lifting at corners.

clhyer i use a 60 degree blade bought from uscutter. I run at 200 speed and 24g pressure. with offset set at 0.35,  I use these settings for htv as well and i cut 0racal 651 with these settings. my blade is set to where you can barely see the tip.. Hope this helps

EL, with the settings I have I can just see a light outline of my cut on the backing paper.

Go-C, is overcut the same as offset?  My cutter was originally set a .30 and was not getting a clean cut in the corner.  The clean-cut blades do recommend a .50 offset.  Maybe I need to see what .40 will do.

Joker, thanks for the info.  I will just have to do some more playing around with it.

Cal

EL, with the settings I have I can just see a light outline of my cut on the backing paper.

Go-C, is overcut the same as offset?  My cutter was originally set a .30 and was not getting a clean cut in the corner.  The clean-cut blades do recommend a .50 offset.  Maybe I need to see what .40 will do.

Joker, thanks for the info.  I will just have to do some more playing around with it.

Cal

It is not the same as offset.   

Thanks,

Cal

I used the blades that came with the cutter and have reordered the same from US Cutter.  Ever since I read on here that someone cut full speed all the time, I tried and now do the same every time.  Pressure is at 34 for 631, 651 and 751. That number will vary when changing blades.  

Go-C, thanks.  I see an adjustment for overcut and will experiment a little with it.

Cal

Go-C, thanks.  I see an adjustment for overcut and will experiment a little with it.

Cal

I struggled with lifting corners for MONTHS. Played around with everything mentioned here.  Then I realized even .1" of overcut is too much.  

Now I've got an overcut of .01" and it's perfect.  

• Like 1