Sign in to follow this  
maxcat128

My Low-Cost 24" Home-Made Transfer Tape Dispenser

The Green Object in the photos is a abs drain fitting from a big box store.

47.) Screw'd to table.

62.) Turn screws to adjust tension.

55.) inch and one-half hole cut into green plastic drain fitting with rotary hole saw.

59.) Second "step" on drain fitting is exactly 3" in dia. (perfect fit for cardboard tube)

post-48514-0-30471200-1418338549_thumb.j

post-48514-0-49355600-1418338591_thumb.j

post-48514-0-16452000-1418338639_thumb.j

post-48514-0-07932100-1418338673_thumb.j

• Like 1

There's no way I could do this because there would be a wobble in the app tape. It's impossible to cut that hole perfectly centered.  

I'm too much of a perfectionist.  

Beginners luck, I guess- I just measured out an X on the flange, centered the pilot bit of the hole saw on the crosshairs, and drilled slowly.

'have seen some small wrinkles in the applied tape though.

There's no way I could do this because there would be a wobble in the app tape. It's impossible to cut that hole perfectly centered.  

I'm too much of a perfectionist.  

You must not be a woodturner or you would know they make tools specifically for finding the center of items http://www.rockler.com/stock-center-finder?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=Cj0KEQiA8MSkBRCP5LaRlcOAusMBEiQAiqldkhC9d5Iz3u2QdZ-QvfE_V08mjtRx3kKEWamkSto6wY0aAuoP8P8HAQ that work surprisingly well - mark it and slap it on a drill press and you'll have a hole centered in just about anything. 

i bought the vinyl roller from uscutter and use it like this for app tape works perfect

Make sure you clamp it to the table ---

41ljSLXp7eL._SX425_.jpg

those holes look pretty rough.. i'd probably sand down that burr

i was going to make one of these but ran across a black friday deal on uscutter for the 28" app roller and a 12"x100yard roll of at75 transfer tape for 59 bucks.. couldn't pass it up considering i needed transfer tape and that costs $34 alone.. so $25 for the approller was a pretty awesome deal considering i probably would've spent at least $20 on parts making one and it would look homemade..