Sign in to follow this  
KristenMarie

UPGRADE-done with MH series.

after a new motherboard, and new now needing a whole new machine, Support says that i can upgrade my cutter to another model if i want to at this time instead of sending another MH...

Question is, what is highly suggested??

Running a steadily growing {and currently very very busy} sign business from my home. Signs, stencils, and window decals. 

Any input and advice. 

Lord knows i am DONE with this MH. 

If you are seeing business profit and can swing the price just get a Graphtec and be done with it....and much happier. I ran a P-Cut for a couple years. I don't think they sell them anymore but similar to the laser point. I could see that there is money in the business and decided to take the plunge to upgrade to a servo motor machine. I went with Summa for a number of reasons which I won't go into but buying a quality machine is absolutely amazing the difference. You can still get a good job out of a value cutter but for real big and real small the precision tracking and cutting is fantastic. The main advantages for me have been just the ease of working. I load my vinyl, the machine auto prefeeds a bit and measures the width (polling) and I send the cut over and it whips it out and then feeds a little out so I can chop it off with a cut-off tool and then it rewinds back ready for the next cut. I have cut literally hundreds of copies of small HTV crest prints that take even my fast Summa several hours to cut and 30 or 40 feet of vinyl and I just walk off and go watch TV or maybe weed on the previous run. No more hovering or limited production numbers. Life is great!

• Like 2

Unfortunately, at this time i cannot afford at $2000 machine, though i would more than love to make that purchase.

I was really just looking between the SC Series, or the Laserpoint II

worth it for any of those?

Though i know ANYTHING is better than the MH

I and several others on here have the SC machine.  I and I think all the others love the SC.  Don't get me wrong, it is still a value cutter but we are getting great results with it.  I can get good tracking on long runs, I have got up to 12 feet so far) but I do need to re align it after those long runs.  In fact, I just make it a habit to check it after every run.

We are also having good luck with small text as well.  It does take a bit of playing with to get the blade and pressure just right for tiny detail cuts, but we can get there.  After you do it a few times you will be able to dial it in pretty quick for that small stuff when needed.

Like mentioned.... once you can go servo, make the jump.  If your budget requires you to stay with a budget cutter for the time being,  I think the SC is a good choice.  Quick and easy to learn, very easy to operate.  Mine paid for itself very quickly and a zillion times over at this point.

I don't have one but have heard great things about that as well.  I hear it does have the servo motors!  I will let one of the others chime in on the Titan and their opinions on getting the Titan vs holding out for the Graphtec etc.

I second, the get a cutter with a servo motor.. Buy the best that you can afford.  You won't regret it.

Take a good look on the interwebz there are cutters with servo motors that are very reasonable. Saga has a good price on cuters with servo and contur or arms. Same as the titan cutter

What about the Titan?

I have a Titan2 and an SC the Titan is Awesome -

Titan2 - Fast Tracking Accurate as long as you start the vinyl straight- 

SC - Semi Fast depending upon the graphic - Accurate as long as you start the vinyl straight just adjust the speed for the decal. Most of the time I run it wide open except on 3 foot and larger.

Can you tell the difference between the cuts NO - it comes down to the blade & adjustment - If money is the concern you can't go wrong with the SC. If you have a little extra to spend buy the Titan.

I have never used a Graphtec - Folks say they are nice but I don't know if they have tried the Titan either.

I have never used a Graphtec - Folks say they are nice but I don't know if they have tried the Titan either.

Owned both, Titan is a very respectable player but graphtec still top in my book

• Like 3

Owned both, Titan is a very respectable player but graphtec still top in my book

That may be the next one I add to the fleet.  B) 

• Like 1