Spunky.Fresh.Designs

I'm about to throw my machine out of the window

Her previous posts state 53" SC 

Usually too much blade exposed is the reason.  Too much speed...  I have posted this too many times to count...  now that your into the adhesive,  clean your blade with some alcohol to get the adhesive off.  

What brand of vinyl are you  using? 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

I've been cutting okay.  Must be an adhesive thing.  Can you please tell me the difference with the 40 and 60 blades. is there one I should be using over the other?  Someone mentioned lubing up the blade with WD40. would you recommend that?  I have a stepper motor...is that the reason it just won't cut a sharp angle?

On my SC model machine i run a 60 degree blade which is for finer detail.. I put a drop of all in one oil in my blade holder every so often. 

I cut with mine at 200 speed and 24 g of pressure..  I had the same problem for awhile.. The tip of my blade is set where you can barely see it poking out..

I use signblazer and my offset is set at 0.35  

The light oil in the blade holder will help the blade spin freely...  Many use a 60 degree blade for detailed designs... 

Make sure your blade offset is set correctly...  I don't know what your test pattern is, but if a square,  make sure the corners are sharp.

• Like 1

I have the sc.  I called UScutter and they told me to put the pressure at 100 with speed of 500.  Should I just use the 60 for everything? are the blades that came with the machine even any good?

I ordered 60 degree blades from uscutter and have not had any problems with them.. I personally use 60 degree blade for everything. Never tried cutting at 500 speed but i have had great success at 200 speed and 24g pressure and those settings i use for heat transfer vinyl as well

• Like 1

many use a 60 degree blade for everything.. All machines are different even the same models will run different.  Do what works.   Blades sent should be Roland blades..   Check the tip and make sure it is not broken,,, Value cutters with stepper motors require much more fine tuning and tweaking,  skill and patience than a cutter with a servo motor. 

• Like 4

I use a 60 dgree cleancut for about everything - like skeeter said blade exposure and speed is the main causes we find with that. speed they recommended sounds fast to me but then again I haven't used a sc.  slow it down just to troubleshoot it.  no offence to the techs but most of them don't have that much experience over a long time using the cutters like a lot of people on the user forum . . . like skeeter

• Like 6

What size are you cutting too? Really small stuff and extreme angles are also more prone to picking up issues. If you are doing real small text it will take some serious effort to dial in exactly. Set your blade like Skeeter mentioned then starting light work your way into the pressure until you just barely have enough to cut through and scratch the carrier. The value cutters have more trouble with constant pressure too so sometimes you have to use more than a higher end would so that it cuts cleanly though everywhere. I ran a P-Cut for several years and by being careful was able to do some fairly fine work but it was never easy and even changes in the same brand of vinyl (especially value brand vinyl) or the temperature in the room can throw it out of whack. 

• Like 1

so the general consensus is they told you to run it about 2.5 times faster than the people that use them all the time has found works best . .  . point made ^-^ 

My SC I run at 200 speed and 30 to 40g on pressure.

Same here... lifting issue I had was too much blade..

I made a lot of $$ from my SC I started with 60's but the cheap ones tend to ware out and cause many issues. My SC worked best with 45's dial the speed back a tad and bump the pressure from time to time until the blade stops cutting clean. Oh yeah use a 35 offset and over cut 1mm . It worked for me your mileage may vary... 

I picked up a Titan and it paid for it's self in about 3 weeks. Sweet machine there are a few things I don't like ( rollers in back don't keep the vinyl in place ) but an empty roll in front solved that. And the feed roller hold down's are plastic. Just treat it with respect and it should last a long time. I run it at full speed ALL the time and it still has the same cheap blade it started with of course I am at 39 g of force ( it started at 19 ) still cuts like a champ. It cuts straight as an Arrow even on 6 ft decals

So bottom line your SC is as good as your patience's are once you make enough money either buy a high end or a low end servo like the Titan.

Just my two cents 

• Like 1

I run my SC at 400 speed most all the time.... if I am doing small detailed stuff I will dial it down

• Like 1

I stay at 24 g pressure at all times on my SC cutter as well as 200 speed..

• Like 2