Skeeter what ebay store setup do you have?

I started to set one up and then I saw the monthly fees for the store..

Decided I would stay with my own website for now.

Ive sold stuff thru my account before, motorcycle parts and a cell phone, but not thru an actual ebay store setup.

My shopping cart software for my website actually has an ebay store integration plugin...

we have an ebay store for our antique business. i think it's 169/mo. us sales have dropped off significantly but not international. it has a lot to do with the time of year. people are spending on back to school shopping, supplies and last minute vacations. it usually picks up by the end of september. 

$169 each month?? Holy crap! No way I would do that! My own website cost me only $180 a year to run!! And I currently make about $1500 a year from my website alone.

I pay $169 a month and average   $1500-2000 a month sales...cheapest advertising you will ever find at 10c an ad, for unlimited quantity on an ad, 12 photos  for 30 days. to  millions of buyers.

• Like 4

I agree with Skeeter those numbers are attainable on eBay. - Maybe I need to bump my store size, I was considering it prior to this week. 

this last month I have had an up tic in PIA cases - from I'm not happy because the post office crushed the package and why do I need to file a claim - to credit card charge back after ordered and delivered to the verified address (filed as unauthorized charge), to last night a kid in OK. bought my pick up im Michigan - when I called him he acknowledged he was who he said - then when I said it was about the truck he just purchased he hung up . . . . then the waiting game to get the $125 back for his BS. or the one that said his decal was creased in the box - I sent replacement immediately and he still hasn't closed the case - just piddly BS (except the truck one)  Thinking CL is better on vehicles as autotrader has produced nothing except solicitors that claim for more money they will help you sell your vehicle.  first time using that service and pretty sure the last.

eBay has always been riddled with fraud, for every 50 I sell someone gets a free one. I am sure that gap will narrow to 1 in 25 plus a defect with the new rules. But I will take the $$$ as long as they give me the opportunity to make it. And in no way am I in agreement with the new policies. 

anyone else notice the new requirement for extended holiday returns - if you don't agree to take returns thru Jan 31 for anything purchased from nov 1 thru dec 31 you lose your discount on those items if you are a top rated seller!

Yes, order numbers are down 10-15% but the amount spent per order is up 20-23%.   Ebay store fee for us is $19.95 a month. Seller fees add another $250-380 after top rated discount depending on volume.

The holiday return won't be worth the hassle to comply with, we have figured out that the 50-75$ a month discount we get will not offset 3 months of people wanting to return something for no reason. Take your discount and divide it by what you value your time at per hour and it's gone pretty quick. Most people dont worry about the return policy when making a purchase unless it's expensive electronics or very delicate.   If someone asks about returns before a purchase, be weary..

We accept returns on every item we sell, most have it clearly stated that it can be returned for any reason as long as it is still in the packaging. (Which is clear with 360 degree visibility and heat sealed.) No need to open it to see if it's what you ordered.

Custom Items such as decals - signs & imprinted items should not be subject to this madness. If I make a custom sign for Mr & Mrs Gortenon's shoe factory and they return it just because eBay said they could, chances are I will Never sell it and I will be out the shipping and material costs. Problem is we live in a world where NO one is responsible for what they do. 

• Like 1

this last month I have had an up tic in PIA cases - from I'm not happy because the post office crushed the package and why do I need to file a claim - to credit card charge back after ordered and delivered to the verified address (filed as unauthorized charge),

I had one of those last month, it even went to a business. Then Paypal sends me a scolding lettering about taking the charge ( the customer used it to fund their paypal purchase) I contacted eBay & paypal and it was not resolved. I am out shipping, materials & time.

See these are the horror stories that keep me from opening an ebay store for my decals and shirts.

Besides there are already too many of you guys n gals on ebay.

And I dont want to compete against any of you. Or risk any newbies stealing my custom designs.

I have a new idea coming up for a website plan that I may let some of you in on.

ebay stepped up on the truck and credited the fees prior to the 4 day wait - so relisted but think I have a bite locally that would be better for me

I have a new idea coming up for a website plan that I may let some of you in on.

oooo! oooooh! pick me! pick me! i love web stuff. 

oooo! oooooh! pick me! pick me! i love web stuff. 

I wanna play too!!!

:rolleyes:

Sue2

See these are the horror stories that keep me from opening an ebay store for my decals and shirts.

Besides there are already too many of you guys n gals on ebay.

And I dont want to compete against any of you. Or risk any newbies stealing my custom designs.

Oh,,  so they can't steal them from your website???  :rolleyes:   If it's online,  it flies into Google images......about a million MPH.....

If it's online,  and a great idea,  you will see it elsewhere soon...

Oh,,  so they can't steal them from your website???  :rolleyes:   If it's online,  it flies into Google images......about a million MPH.....

If it's online,  and a great idea,  you will see it elsewhere soon...

You got that right, sometimes it only takes a few hours for the bandits to strike. 

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mz SKEETER" data-cid="370641" data-time="1410030761"><p>

Oh,, so they can't steal them from your website??? :rolleyes: If it's online, it flies into Google images......about a million MPH.....<br />

<br />

If it's online, and a great idea, you will see it elsewhere soon...</p></blockquote>

You do know you can edit your robots.txt file on your website and tell Google NOT to index your images, right?

You do know you can edit your robots.txt file on your website and tell Google NOT to index your images, right?

Yes, but that's a double edge sword it could also limit traffic. If they are not searching Pinterest they are searching Google images.