mabscotthandyman

My Grandson The Marine

My grandson just finished bootcamp and came in for a couple weeks before going to Jacksonville NC. For futher training then to California just wanted.to show off a little.

post-4118-0-07702700-1404779847_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Congrats to him and you the proud grandpa. Jacksonville, NC is where i grew up and my father retired as a Gunny Seargent

Awesome congrats to both Semper Fi

Congrats....my half bro Mike is a 16 year USMC Veteran...just got discharged in December. He did 3 tours in the sandbox before an IED took out his truck and wounded him and killed two of his fellow mates.

This here is his grad pic from 1998.

226228_10151013504451700_711783163_n.jpg

Also this here is our grandpa, Texas Jack Freeman, on the beaches of Normandy during WW2.This pic was taked a few days after D-Day.

427123_10151013509536700_987500514_n.jpg

His platoon.

313087_10151013508816700_1528251709_n.jp

Here's Grandpa and Mike, this was taken just a few months before gpa died of stomach cancer in 2009.

431111_10151013503926700_920552462_n.jpg

Thanks for the kind words we are very proud of him. GC that is his Graduation photo also. Seems like just a few months ago he was following behind me doing every thing I did. Time goes by very fast.

Yes time goes by fast.

Also just let him know he needs to keep up and on his CEOs and the VA people. My brother is having a hell of a time getting all the medical and health stuff he needs and is currently really really pissed at the marine core leadership and the way they are treating wounded soldiers and all other soldiers. 

I guess we can thank Obama for cutting all the VA funding...?

My bro has been up in Washington DC 3 times trying to get the help and funds he was promised and he deserves.

I remember back in 2012 when i got a call at work from my mom...who was in tears..telling me my brother was in an attack and is in the hospital. That's all she knew..she didnt know his condition or anything else.

Congrats to him and you. Thanks to all who have served. Navy myself 1970-74. GC I have not had any trouble at my local VA with my medical or disability claims.

Bob

Congrats to him and you. Thanks to all who have served. Navy myself 1970-74. GC I have not had any trouble at my local VA with my medical or disability claims.

Bob

We have one of the best va hospital complexs in our little town of 17,000 top rated service and care

Im not saying he isnt getting good care, im saying he isnt getting any financial assistance. They are trying to deny all his claims...

His truck got hit by an IED and blew halfway up, 2 guys died in it, another one was badly burned and paralyzed from the neck down, while my brother got burns on his leg, damage to his leg and waist and neck and his back...he has an electronic device in his back now that helps him deal with the pain....he has had several back and leg surgeries and has to walk with a crutch or cane and can't lift anything over 15lbs.