Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

Wet Install....

Is it the good stuff? I want to try a wert install.

Is there stuff I could maybe buy at like Lowes or Home Depot?

About average. Search for homemade app or application fluid on here or google. There used to be a write up with different personal recipes.

Used to work with a guy who would put a few drops of baby shampoo in a spray bottle and fill with water. He was always happy with it

I use to make my own 1 gallon of water a couple drops of dawn dish soap and a cap full of rubbing alcohol

I just finished off a bottle of that brand and had good luck with it. Smells nice.  

Yes! Maybe that's why I'm partial to the Rapid Tac. It's a cleaner, application fluid, and an air freshener lol.

• Like 2

I cup of 90% isopropyl alcohol then fill the spray bottle to the top with water.

• Like 2

I cup of 90% isopropyl alcohol then fill the spray bottle to the top with water.

I do 50/50 alcohol and water for coroplast. It's rare anymore though. Normally dry these days

I've been using soap and water for several years now, but I only do vehicles, no signs or banners.

Few drops of soap in a full spray bottle of water works well. I really don't care what it smells like as long as the decal goes on straight.

If you're not doing compound curves, I'd just use a big squeegee, or some variation. I bought  some Splash app fluid. Two weeks later bought a yard sign tool. I liked the YST so much I ended up making my own 6" and 12" felt suqeegees for layering and installs. I don't get the fluid out until I put stencils on glassware or maybe a football helmet.  Just my $0.02.

Yes! Maybe that's why I'm partial to the Rapid Tac. It's a cleaner, application fluid, and an air freshener lol.

I had a 16 oz spray bottle of RapidTac II in my install kit in the backseat of my truck.  It tipped over and got hot enough yesterday that it swelled a bit and some leaked out - made my truck smell nice when I got back to it!   Kind of expensive for an air freshener, though.. ;-)

• Like 1