islandjay

18" Vinyl Job gets cut off at 17" - Why?

I have a Copam 2500 and I am Sign Blazer.

The vinyl is 24" wide and I tell the copam to measure before cutting.

The cut job is 18" by 6", so naturally I set the 18" to cut wide. Every time is does not cut all the way. At best it goes 17" and stops the cut. Does not even finish it so half of the job is still attached to unwanted vinyl.

If I rotate it 90 degrees, it cuts the whole thing.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Jason

Are the rollers all the way out on the cop am, it measures the distance between the rollers and that becomes the max cut width. Other than that is the workspace in sb set to 20 bx 20" or so?

Are the rollers all the way out on the cop am, it measures the distance between the rollers and that becomes the max cut width. Other than that is the workspace in sb set to 20 bx 20" or so?

Yes, just as wide as the paper

Make sure your SignBlazer cutter setup has the correct width.

Click "Cutter" - Fit to Origin should be selected

Click "Cutter", then "Setup" - Set vinyl width to 24"

Make sure all of your design is inside of the workspace (Pink Rectangle) or you have the "Limit to Workspace" button Un-Checked in the cutter setup.

post-1636-0-72242500-1398990895_thumb.pn

• Like 1

I appreciate the help, but no luck. It is starting 3" into the material and cutting off 3" at the end still
Why would not not start near the edge? it is like it has a 3" left and right margin.
Any other thoughts?

Can you post what your cutter settings look like?

Everything looks good to me. Limit to workspace doesn't need to be checked.

Does it make any difference if you would use the driver for the Copam 3050 or 4050..?  Wider cutters.. You could give it a try. And see if that would help.  Just experimenting.

This is actually in the wrong category (SignCut software) although the discussion is regarding SignBlazer --

Anyway, maybe there's something going wacky within the Copam cutter itself, when given the command to "measure before cutting"

One more place to look in SignBlazer is the PRINT setup window, and verify margins are set to zero.

While I cannot tell you why a PRINT function should have any effect with the CUT routine, it's possible there's an overlap of the configuration setting somehow.

You said it is starting 3" in and not on the near the edge... are you setting the origin point?

Sorry if it doesnt apply, dont have SignBlazer or Copam.

that made me think a little skarekrow - the copam only cuts the width that the rollers are set at - so lets back up to the beginning and make sure you have the rollers all the way out to the edges of the vinyl roll

• Like 1

I love a good mystery.

Hopefully this one has a satisfying ending.

that made me think a little skarekrow - the copam only cuts the width that the rollers are set at - so lets back up to the beginning and make sure you have the rollers all the way out to the edges of the vinyl roll

That was it! It was the rollers. makes sense now.

Live and learn.

thanks!

• Like 3