Sign in to follow this  
THEJTINS

Rolly Polly

So you're cutting some graphics and watching tv while the cutter is doin it bidness. When the cutter is done you don't pay any attention to it since you're engrossed with what you're watching on tv, then you look over and notice that 50 yards of vinyl have just silently unrolled itself in the floor. What do you do? How do you roll ot back up evenly on the tube? Of course this is hypothetical and I am in no way looking at a mound of vinyl on my floor.

[looks up at the ceiling and whistles tunelessly]

I have no idea what you're talking about... Nope.  Never done anything like that.  Never. Nope.  Never a second time, definitely not...

• Like 2

Just roll it up as even as you can prefeeding the vinyl before the cut will pull it through even. Make sure to clean both sides of the vinyl, it picks up alot of dust, hair, and whatever else is on the floor.

quite a few people have done that when they put the roll holder tube thru the roll instead of laying the vinyl on top of the rollers . . . .

I swear I rarely rarely walk away from my machine while its cutting. When I was using my copam, I was cutting something and walk away to grab something, I come back to half of the roll of vinyl on the floor with a nice cut mark right down the middle of it. I have no idea what the hell happened. Its never happened before or since that one time... 

I swear I rarely rarely walk away from my machine while its cutting. When I was using my copam, I was cutting something and walk away to grab something, I come back to half of the roll of vinyl on the floor with a nice cut mark right down the middle of it. I have no idea what the hell happened. Its never happened before or since that one time... 

Just like a dog - you leave it alone and it will find something to destroy as punishment...

• Like 3

About as much fun as setting a Graphtec to sheet feed, hit enter and then turn to talk to a customer. Was wondering why they kept looking behind me kinda weird. Luckily last time it was only 20 yards.

• Like 1

About as much fun as setting a Graphtec to sheet feed, hit enter and then turn to talk to a customer. Was wondering why they kept looking behind me kinda weird. Luckily last time it was only 20 yards.

yup done that too...

I just now sent a shirt to flexi and noticed it wasn't mirrored (save) so I flipped it in the cut window. Proceeded to open a sign file and sent it to cutter not realizing I never flipped back in the cut window (crap). Luckily it was only 4' in when I caught it.

[looks up at the ceiling and whistles tunelessly]

I have no idea what you're talking about... Nope.  Never done anything like that.  Never. Nope.  Never a second time, definitely not...

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I remember when i first got my cutter and put the rollers thru the tube but not put the vinyl on top of the rollers LoL

i keep a thin, soft  horse hair brush on the shelf just for that reason.