Sign in to follow this  
laserman70

cool night last night

My girlfriend and I were sitting in a bar here in pa.  In walks 2 guys in suits, looking around as if they were looking for someone.  We all wondered what was going on.  All the sudden 30 press people came in with cameras.  Next Barack Obama walked through the door.  He and Casey got a glass of Yuengling beer and sat down.  They drank 1/4 of their beer and walked over to us and started talking. Here is the picture he took with us.

post-1837-12986517143734_thumb.jpg

post-1837-1298651716374_thumb.jpg

Well that is pretty neat.  I never ran into anyone like that.  Did he try to 'sell' himself or was he there to try to relax??  I'm sure it was good for business. 

Thanks for sharing.

Jenny

He talked to everyone at the bar working his way around.  He asked what i did, we talked computer talk for about 2 minutes (thats what i do for a living). I introduced him to my girlfriend and he was talking to her about the university she worked at. He never tried to sell himself, I think he was their for publicity due to the press.  He seemed real, not like he was above anyone there.  I was impressed how down to earth he really seemed. You always think that they would act like they are better than you but he didnt. I was shocked.

I hope no one is thinking I am making a poitical thing about this, I am not. Just wanted to tell the story.

That's still pretty cool.  I'm not going to make any political pitch because that's not what this is about and it's NOT the forum to bring it up on.  But I like to hear about politicians, celebrities, etc that people have met in person, as you just don't hear that much.

Jenny

very cool! The closest I ever came to meeting anyone famous was Dolly Parton a few times. She is very short.

Hmm .... Danny Glover at a street fair in San Fransisco. The "HOFF" last December 27th at a most ghetto K-Mart we have on island. He was walking around with some really ditsy girls that looked young enough to be his kids, but you tell they weren't because they were hanging all over him. He must have brought them down, because those girl certainly did not look local.  ;D 

I wanted to walk up to him and tell him that I was a huge fan of that home video that his daughter (at the time was 12 or 14 years of age) made of him while he was drunk off his ass screaming that he wanted a cheeseburger or something like that. But then my boyfriend reminded me that it was the holidays and that my mother taught me to be nice who are less fortunate (because he sure is deficient in the child rearing department).  B)

post content removed by moderator reason, to contraversial for this forum. Lets leave the politics to political boards. This is a community for sharing and light hearted chat. politics, religion and other hot button topics really do not have a place here.

Guest Terry

turn on volume, and listen to song. B)

post content removed by moderator reason, to contraversial for this forum. Lets leave the politics to political boards. This is a community for sharing and light hearted chat. politics, religion and other hot button topics really do not have a place here.

Freedom of speech for all others but not for me. Yet I said nothing wrong, only the truth.

Freedom of speech for all others but not for me. Yet I said nothing wrong, only the truth.

For your review........yet once again: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,359.0.html

Have you read the rules? Is there something in the rules that you do not understand that we could clarify better for you?

Please delete the post, sorry for the issues.  I was just trying to share a story, I appolize.

No need to apologize. Nothing wrong with your post.That which needed to be deleted already has. No need to let one bad apple spoil it for the rest of us. I,for one,enjoyed seeing the pic and reading the story.

I agree with bannerJohn, no need to delete.  I enjoyed the happenings last weekend and I'm glad you posted it.

Jenny

I agree with John and Jenny. It was an exiting experience for you and thank you for sharing it with us.

Guest Terry

I also agree... You don't need to be a fan to have enjoyed the moment, very cool laserman.

Please delete the post, sorry for the issues.  I was just trying to share a story, I appolize.

Yes I read the rules and I made a truthful comment that is carried in every paper in the USA. And the man is a politcian.

Yet others post about him here.

Yet some insist on saying it's political.

Now i won't say any more but I would like all these soothsayers, punch in your browser about what Obama's college wives, MICHELE OBAMA'S SENIOR THESIS was about when she graduated from Princeton University.

If you can't find it I'll email it to you with photos.

Hitler slaughtered millions of people because their attitude was "DUH!" It can't happen to us.

Yes I read the rules and I made a truthful comment that is carried in every paper in the USA. And the man is a politcian.

Yet others post about him here.

Yet some insist on saying it's political.

Now i won't say any more but I would like all these soothsayers, punch in your browser about what Obama's college wives, MICHELE OBAMA'S SENIOR THESIS was about when she graduated from Princeton University.

If you can't find it I'll email it to you with photos.

Hitler slaughtered millions of people because their attitude was "DUH!" It can't happen to us.

Well I certainly appreciate your exemplary understanding with regards to this matter. The member simply posted a picture of meeting the guy, nothing more, nothing less. You do also understand the meaning of the word "controversial" I assume, and if not, I could PM you a link to the definition, or post it here. I would also be happy to find you links to other forums that allow political, religious, or racist ranting.....seeing as how you have alot to get off your chest. We only ask that you do not do it here. Please, thank you.

B)

You tell em Ken  B) !!!

This is a forum for supporting USCutter equipment! Sure we have fun here, but we don't need politics - I come here to get away from that stuff.

To the OP - cool pic. - not my candidate of choice, but glad you got to meet someone like that.

The only famous person I have met is Mickey Mouse! Now him I would vote for!!!!!!  ;D

Nice pic, I've met back then President Reagan, Clinton, & Glenn Campbell.  Also, I've met the guy who plays Jackson Montgomery on All My Children.  Something nice to tell your kids.

Very cool opportunity.  Glad you had a camera to take a pic.  A few months ago I went to a park & met Curious George.  I love Curious George.  He gave me a hug & a kiss that made a "smooch" sound.  He wanted to take a pic with me but I didn't have a camera with me.  It was very upsetting to me.

At least I will always have the kiss.  :lol:

ive got a picture of him with my kids floating around somewhere.  Its from when he was just a nobody and at one of our parades.  We always sit towards the end of the parade and he just came over and gave the rest of the bag of candy he had to the group of kids we had with us.  It was one of the jumbo garbage bags from like sams.  When i asked why he had so much left he said he said he remembers kids at the end of parades get the shaft cause most of the people are out of candy (which is WHY we sit where we do!!) and wanted to make sure they all get some too.  I thought it was pretty cool.