tooler82

Users willing to help

That above post was wrong and I shouldn't have done it that way. Most of us are like family on here and we tend to look out for each other whether they need it or not. At some point if you choose to hang out here you'll be just as much family and we'll look out for you just the same.

• Like 2

But what I'm saying is I see people post stupid crap all the time. Such as logos and stuff. This is real easy to find. Do people reply by saying go google it? No. Most even go to brandsoftheworld.com and post a link. Why am I any different? That's what pisses me off.

Considering I've never done a vinyl pinstripe on a Harley, guess what? I figured I would ask the experts. And instead of getting help, I get grief. That's why I'm pissed.

There is a point where anybody including myself will be told that it's time to look for yourself. I had that moment a while back with fonts and bugging people way too much so I was led to a program to help me out. I think this whole thing is just getting blown way out of proportion.

• Like 1

Tyler I just went and read through that Harley post you are talking about. To be totally honest, you just need to relax and not take every comment so personal. There wasn't anything THAT rough in anyone's comments that should have gotten your dander up. I have to say I am surprised that someone in the service would let that get to them. I always thought the Army was full of hard cases who chew everyone out all the time. I have no knowledge of this since I have not served. That being said, I appreciate your service to our country! 

• Like 2

It's not just the last time. Seems like every time I post something somebody does that to me. It's annoying. I see all these people helping others but when I ask for something, I get grief. It's just built up. And yes us in the Army we do take it, but over and over and over, we break and it gets rough.

So I've been doing Army signs since like July of last year. I know how to vectorize. I'm not an artist. If a buddy says what would look cool on my Harley as a pinstripe or a design, guess what, I don't freaking know. I make signs that go on buildings on base and recruiting posters. So if I ask a question, it's to learn and don't need a smart ass comment back. Because I'm not making money off whatever you tell me.

The mega one and mega two have lots of pinstripe designs to choose from if that is the way you want to go

http://www.uscutter.com/All-3-Vector-Art-Collections-at-a-special-price

I know at the state level we didn't dare use a govt owned machine for personal business so I am guessing the plotter is yours and the printer is theirs.  doesn't matter to me either way but here if you even thought of using a govt piece of equipment for personal use they would persecute you

Ahh I see peace in the near future :) I have 110% respect for what you've decided to dedicate your life to and hopefully we can all move forward from this and be better for it. If someone really bothers you use the ignore function I mentioned and all is well. I know a couple of members who were going to leave until I talked to them in pm about how to block someone. And no they weren't blocking Dakota lol.

• Like 1

I'll say this, they don't pay you people near enough! I have several friends and family members who are vets and I see the poor way they get treated at the VA and it totally pisses me off. I almost joined right out of high school but my dad (who was a vet, along with my gramps) told me I "wouldn't like it but it would be good for me" which completely freaked me out so I chickened out! LOL

I have a good friend who was in (I think) the original group of Navy seals. Told me he's about the last one still living of his original bunch. Great guy, tough as nails and definitely NOT politically correct in any way shape of form. He doesn't like to talk about it much but the few stories he has related are pretty amazing. God bless our servicemen! 

• Like 2

Yeah but they were real tough back then. Not saying we're not tough now, but the times have changed. They let anybody in and it's a new Army. My grandpaw never talked about WWII until I came back from my first tour from Iraq. He told me all about Germany and France. He saw my combat patch was 3rd Army which was General Patton's back then. Told me about them saving him and his men when they got surrounded. He still calls me buck sergeant since that's what the SGT stripes were back in the day. He's a great man. I can't imagine what those guys had to go through. The wars we do now are so much easier than they had it. He was over for 4 years and I only do a year at a time. They were troopers.

• Like 2

Larry my friend told me that during the special training they did all kinds of things to them. His opinion was they really didn't know what they were doing about half the time but just trying to make super soldiers. They hung him naked upside down on a fence for a day or two. Said his hip pulled out of socket! They were trying to get them to say some certain sentence in a mock POW scenario. He told me several good soldiers went home just from the training due to permanent injuries. I'll tell you this much, even at his advanced age he is not a man to mess with. I've worked in construction with and around him for 20 years or so and while he doesn't look all that impressive, that guy is DANGEROUS to mess with! He told me about 10 years ago when he had to have been nearing 60 that he was real proud of himself and hadn't been arrested in over 2 years! LOL

• Like 3

My father was a Drill Instructor in Paris Island.. He was able to separate his military work from his family.. It was tough growing up with him gone alot but it was his career choice.. I have the upmost repsect for anyone whos serves in the military.. They are undepaid and unappreciated..  You just have to let it roll off your shoulders and move on to the next thing.. 

Just putting this out there...

If you ask a question and get a smart a$$ answer - live with it or leave. Those are really your two choices, but this entire thread is a joke honestly if you think you're going to have people blow rose flavored smoke up your arse. In fact - you probably did the exact opposite.  Grow up and pull your big boy panties on. If you have a problem with a person on this site then take it up with them.  Don't make generalized inflamatory posts like this. 

You complain about "curmudgeon's" but honestly, I'd rather deal with them than people with an attitude like yours...

• Like 1

Aren't you on vacation? I was all calmed down until you show up and start it again. You're so tough.

If that got you "uncalm" then you need to talk to someone on base...  Go clean the paint shop or something...

May need to take another Prozac. So I'll start talking to you like you just talked to me and see if you are calm. When you post questions I'll just talk to you like you just replied to my post if I don't like what you posted. Can't believe you're making me waste my Century Post on this.

But it's just whatever. Sometimes just living makes me regret knowing I've been to war multiple times to both wars this country has been in since I've joined because I love this country and willing to fight for it. After all that's been going on, I'm not sure with my career choice anymore.

You're on watch and posting on forums? NICE! I had absolutely no issue with you (or anyone) until reading your arrogant post... You had an issue with one or two people then posted this - what did you think the other 99% of the people reading it would think?

Maybe you do need another Prozac and you need to go back to your watch... But to address your statement

Yes, When I start a post - finger pointing, ranting, acting like you; you're absolutely at right to respond as I did to your tyrade. No quams there...

can't we all just get along with one another.

You tell that to Brent Seabrook?     BOOYA! 

((that was a nasty cheap shot))

For non-hockey fans wondering:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035285-blackhawks-brent-seabrook-crushes-david-backes-with-huge-hit-against-wall?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2#articles/2035285-blackhawks-brent-seabrook-crushes-david-backes-with-huge-hit-against-wall

GO RED WINGS!

On watch? It's not like I'm a gate guard right now. My job is doing signs for the base and Army units. So me learning this is my job.

Can't believe you're making me waste my Century Post on this.

Sounded like you were on watch...  Mah bad.

Anyway, Just chill out with the posts like these.  There are a lot of great people here who get turned off when you post stuff like that.  You end up driving lots of folks away, not just the ones with smart answers.  Remember - Even when an old timer gives a smart answer, there's still something to learn from it. 

Later