Sign in to follow this  
joker

traded in

So after some serious consideration and my wife doing some research i decided to trade my Dodge Dakota in.. That thing was getting only 15 to 16 mile per gallon and i was spending almost 100 dollars a week to go to work and back home.. So i traded it in yesterday and got a 2011 Nissan Rogue that averages 28 to 33 miles per gallon.. I have always had a truck but had to make a decision on whether to keep paying that much in gas or start saving some money

congrats - dad's new dodge with the 8 speed trans and drops cylinders when not needed blows my 03 away on milage - on the dakota I sold mine in 03 when I go the full size and never looked back - it cost about the same, smaller, worse milage, couldn't believe a full size got better mileage.   I loved the Dakota's performance and even had the same low profile tires used on the state police mustangs - launched like a rocket and used as much fuel.  hopefully down the road I can get a new 2500.  on the Nissan - every time I see that tailgate design i wonder why a factory tailgate couldn't be designed so the black part came our as a 5th wheel tailgate - I think as an option it would sell big

• Like 1

I had a 05 Titan with a 5.6 liter that did better than that Dakota.. The Dakota was a V8 High Ouput..That thing was killing me..I will be ordering my trailer hitch for this Rogue tomorrow...  

• Like 1

I've got an 04 Dakota Quad Cab. I couldn't get a full size truck in my garage. Milage doesn't bother me too much as I only have 23k on it.

• Like 1

I only buy used anymore and have went to the minivan for work vans they get around 26 miles per gallon and keep the tools dry and safe. I was at the ford dealership the other day talking to a customer that works there he got busy so i looked around while waiting on him the price of new trucks are unbeliveable they had one painted yellow in the Tonka truck theme @$59,000.00 my old 95 f150 was $12, 950.00 there was not a two wheel drive on the lot. And the new vans are starting at $26,000.00 i am cheap so i pay around 5 grand for a used van use it three or four years and save 20 grand. My old ford pickup at twenty years is still running good with over a quarter million miles it dont look so good now but what the heck i will run it till one of us croaks the way the thing runs it may very well be me lol the old 300 inline sixes are hard to beat.

• Like 2

Jay mine was an 07 with 50,000 total miles on it.. The gas mileage just sucked.. Mabscott even used car and truck prices are up here in Florida.. It is unreal how much vehicles are now a days.. This new vehicle should save me about 200 a month. Then i can start tucking some of that away to but a grpahtec... oh yeah i said it

for pulling the 5th wheel I always look for a 2wd - harder to find but better mileage, less parts to wear and also usually a couple of inches shorter for the camper

That is why i do not have my Titan anymore.. Was pulling a 24 foot camper back home Pigeon Forge where we took the family camping.. Got about 20 mile from home and hit the back of a ashley furniture truck.. Could not stop in time...

Any ide-er what I might get for this as a trade in or possible one of you fine youngons wanna a FIX-IT-UP sort-ta trade or cash..Give you one heck of a deal there fella...Wha?...Don't leave..Come back..We can dicker for a fair trade...

post-36467-0-89973700-1396228842_thumb.j

• Like 3

In West Virginia that is gold to the scrapers. I was dismanteling an old sign a couple years back and was dreading the clean up of the rusted galvanized metal and angle iron and the 6 inch pipe support .......some scrapers came by and asked what i was going to do with the metal and asked if they could have it i told them sure as long as they take every thing including the old plastic faces they made a few bucks and saved me a few bucks.

• Like 1

Neighbors new HD 2500, just shy of 75k sticker. He cuts grass. 

I told my wife i was in the wrong business the guy that cuts the neighbors lawn drives a new ford pickup with dual wheels crew cab and a new enclosed 24 ft. Trailer.

I have thought about getting into the grass cutting business several times over the years.  I had a buddy try and talk me into going in as partners with him some 25 years ago but passed.  There is good money to be made in it for sure!  He had a truck, bought a couple of mowers (push, riding) and weedeaters and blower.... the rest is history.  He added more trucks, equipment and employees and has taken himself out of the field.  Now he just sits back and counts the money while the workers work.  Did quite well for himself.

We have a long grass cutting season here!

Ours here is usally in season by now but it snowed yesterday it has been a long cold,white winter but it is supposed to warm up to the sixteys this week......thank goodness. There is a good market here also for lawn care i suppose people dont have time or dont want to.

Any ide-er what I might get for this as a trade in or possible one of you fine youngons wanna a FIX-IT-UP sort-ta trade or cash..Give you one heck of a deal there fella...Wha?...Don't leave..Come back..We can dicker for a fair trade...

They see junk I see a toy :) Bought this last year and am currently using it around the yard to move my trailers and general cleanup photobucket-8202-1375411891787_zps08b555

I guess im not one for saving money....I drive a lifted 2009 F-150 with a 5.4L V-8.  I average about 13 around town and up to a whopping 16 mpg on the highway.  I am ok with it though because at the end of the day and I can honestly say I drive one of the most bad ass trucks on the road  B)

• Like 2

I guess im not one for saving money....I drive a lifted 2009 F-150 with a 5.4L V-8.  I average about 13 around town and up to a whopping 16 mpg on the highway.  I am ok with it though because at the end of the day and I can honestly say I drive one of the most bad ass trucks on the road  B)

We also have the cheapest gas in the nation most of the time.

• Like 1

I bought that when  I was working on cars at the house. Best $250 I ever spent.

I had the money out before he got fifty out of his mouth. Some day I'll get a deal like that on a printer or a 4 color press for my shirts.

• Like 1

Our cheapest gas is $3.59 and up from there. I would love a big powerful ford f350 crew cab long box but not 4 wheel drive i dont go off road and if its too bad for me to go in one of the front wheel drives no one should be on the road. My grandsons step dad has a new chevy crew 2500 4x4 an pays close to a grand a month payment plus insurance. Ill pay my four, or five grand for a used truck/van and no full coverage.

• Like 1

I just bought an '03 Ford Windstar to haul stuff for the store. If it's too big for that I still have my trailer and gas mileage is way better than my old truck.

We also have the cheapest gas in the nation most of the time.

True story there!

Our cheapest gas is $3.59 and up from there. I would love a big powerful ford f350 crew cab long box but not 4 wheel drive i dont go off road and if its too bad for me to go in one of the front wheel drives no one should be on the road. My grandsons step dad has a new chevy crew 2500 4x4 an pays close to a grand a month payment plus insurance. Ill pay my four, or five grand for a used truck/van and no full coverage.

I still pay a good bit at the pump...especially being that I run 93 Octane for my performance upgrades.  Big 350 would be a killer truck to own!  My only thing with that is I have no reason to own a diesel at the moment.  If I am going to pay for the fuel I might as well be pulling a big ass trailer that my 1/2 ton can't handle.