Dawn's Design

Another One For The Dye Sub Channel

I have a Ricoh GXe7700N. I've had it for a yr and a half maybe and only bought one set of ink cartridges other than the ones that came with the printer. I can print up to 13x19 with it. It's a great printer.

I wish I'd went with the bigger printer when I bought the Ricoh. It limits you on what you can work with.

• Like 1

I have the 13x19 ricoh - if I replace it I will downsize - other than throws I seldom need bigger 

with 6" or 4.5" tiles it isn't hard to tile the image on a smaller one though . . . just add the 1/8" overlap

This is a benelux I did of my daughter and her husband a couple weeks ago for their wedding.

• Like 2

I do quite a few car flags where the bigger print would be nice plus look how big shirt prints can be with the 13x19

Majority keychains and dog tags here with a smattering of everything else.

Have to admit it I don't have a Ricoh but when I bought my Epson for dye sub I went 13X19 also.

So how does the Epson stack up to the Ricoh for dye sub? What model of Epson Madhatter?I have been thinking about getting one. Does the dye-sub ink have any problems sitting for a while. I have to keep my Epson WF30 pretty busy with the pigment ink to keep from getting clogs. Now too much trouble at my house, we just use it for everything and that seems to eliminate most of my problems but I won't be able to use the second one with any regularity. 

main advantage is the ricoh can set for quit a while without clogged heads - epson not so much - results are about the same when pressed but if you are like me and won't do sub for months at a time = ricoh only way to fly.   only takes throwing way a couple printers with clogged heads to have it make sense . . . . gel ink!

• Like 2

Good info! I totally hear ya and it makes sense with the special freaky inky that it would be compounded. I am sure I will use it some but would rather not have so much pressure to try and keep it busy. I like the relaxed approach. 

selling point for my first ricoh years ago was my favorite guy at conde at the shows (retired now) said he had the printer boxed up for 3 months got it out for the show and printed right away - sold me

• Like 1