Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Another Ebay question for you Ebay sellers.

Why do buyers not state what color they want when I clearly state they must provide color before I can ship.

I even provide color chart.

Its very fustrating having to play email tag with them. Some will tell me thier color but most do not. I would post them in variations but having a item limit I I rather not use that as each color counts as a item.

Is there anything I can do to get the message across better? If i bought something Id like to know what I bought including color.

• Like 1

You might as well get used to it.  Buyers are in too much of a hurry and only look at pictures,  Most don't even read the ads. Until it bites them in the butt.   Then they want to blame sellers for their ignorance. 

If no color is chosen default white will be shipped. I see that all the time and think that is how I'd handle it.

• Like 3

If no color is chosen default white will be shipped. I see that all the time and think that is how I'd handle it.

Exactly, that is how I would handle it!  Set a default color if not color is chosen.  

I already tried the default thing. I had to many buyers say they didnt want white and they swore they told me a color which they never did. Thats why i make them confirm now. Either way seems to be annoying

To bad they don't have it set up to where a box must have an "input" (can not be left blank) for stuff like this.  That way when they hit submit they would be directed to the blank box that would require an input (color choice) in order to complete the transaction.

I also have in the the beginning of the listing that if now color is chosen white will be sent the next day.

I haven't had any real issues but I've only been selling for a little while 

Default color does not work with buyers on EBAY. ...  I have been at this for a long time..and same problem on 2 stores. . and you will get negs like this below,(it is not mine)   How many negs can your site afford?   Go to any of those sites. where they have left a neg for not right color, you'll see. I see it on a lot of decal sites   People may be leaving a color choice, but are not saving the message before continuing on.  People just forget,  People don't read the ad and just look at a picture.  BUT they will THANK YOU very much if you make the effort to get their color choice. Send them an email. Give them an opportunity to fix the problem.  Give them a specific time  like 7AM...EST.(example only),, to have a confirmation back to you, 2 days is reasonable.  or they will get the default color , If they can confirm color sooner, you can ship it sooner.  Say that.   It works. Use common sense, of course you cannot ship any faster over the weekend.  ..  You might as well get used to it, as I stated in post  above...or don't do anything,, and get negs.....your choice.....  I started out like you did also. I learned from experience.   I go the extra mile.   I don't get negs for color choice.  And I still am moving product out the door in 2 days or less.  I have a 2 day handling time, because of color choice, because I do large decals, and I have steady sales. 

iconNeg_16x16.gifsent wrong color,

gave no color & is mad becasue we would not send a 2nd set free

• Like 1

If they still do not leave a color choice, still after the time limit.  I put a piece of paper in the order, stating  I sent an email as a courtesy,( not a requirement)  as it is listed on the ad to leave a color choice or you will receive the default color stated on the ad. All sales final, no refunds, no exchanges. 

• Like 1

If they still do not leave a color choice, still after the time limit.  I put a piece of paper in the order, stating  I sent an email as a courtesy,( not a requirement)  as it is listed on the ad to leave a color choice or you will receive the default color stated on the ad. All sales final, no refunds, no exchanges. 

but ebay will still give them the money back in a dispute - even if they return the wadded up mess, as long as they show shipped back and delivered

but ebay will still give them the money back in a dispute - even if they return the wadded up mess, as long as they show shipped back and delivered

I don't take returns.  All sales final.   I have never lost a dispute. Maybe I am a better lawyer than you are.  LOL.. Only had a couple. in 6 years.. Over 4000 sales.    I even had a buyer say I used thin vinyl. It was Oracal 651..  He wanted THICK vinyl. LOL.  Said he bought his decals at JC Whitney and they were thick.    Ebay gave his money back.  and Paypal refunded me...  almost a $100 order.  Paypal said "buyer did not follow rules" and Paypal returned my money to my account. . .  He never had to return item.

So that refund came out of EBAY's  pocket.   Not mine...

• Like 1

I wish there was....,  but there is no Option like that in vehicle graphics>  EBAY MOTORS.  Only Home and Garden for decals/stickers. .  and you have to have your items in the correct category.  

Yeah I know how to make listing where they have to put a color, but you can only do that with home decals not decals in the automotive section.

Plus the way ebay does it it would eat up all my listing limits.  lets say i have 15 colors and 5 decals in stock for each color.  thats 75 decals ebay counts in that 1 listing. 

Like Mz SKEETER said theres no real good way cause buyers are clueless or just looking for a loop hole to take advantage of. 

Thats why I just decided to make every buyer confirm thier color. When I was doing the default color 2 out of 5 buyers would say I sent the wrong color.

which was the default color when they wouldnt tell me a color.  So now i send them a polite notice saying soon as they confirm color I will ship thier decal. Sometimes they do it right away, some of them takes 2 days to respond. Wish Ebay would do what Etsy does. Allow color variations in all listings and not count it against your selling limits.

The problem with that is each color counts against your listing count. Ebay has a max quantity and max items value. I think mine is 500 max listings and/or $5000 max value. The maximums can be increased if you contact Ebay. I don't know what kind of hoops they make you jump through to get an increase though.

So if you offer 12 different colors, then you could only have 41 listing. 12x41= 492 of 500 max. It would be hard to do much business with only 41 listings.

after you have a lot of feedback they are more than happy to up that limit on listings

• Like 1

My limits didnt move until I called ebay and asked why I cant list more. He looked over my items while on the phone and checked my feedback. He raised my limit that day. Then 5 days later it got raised again. And twice more since then. I dont think itll raise until you run it by them. Seems they may need to put you in the system for lifting the limits.

My limits didnt move until I called ebay and asked why I cant list more. He looked over my items while on the phone and checked my feedback. He raised my limit that day. Then 5 days later it got raised again. And twice more since then. I dont think itll raise until you run it by them. Seems they may need to put you in the system for lifting the limits.

And it was raised by how much at a time?  

Ive been an Ebay seller now with over 20,000 positive feedback in 6 years, there is a way around listing colour choices and thats to list in different sections, its allowed and i do it all the time, i have a total of 347 listings but with variations which increases my listing amounts  to 5,511 items,

• Like 1

there are others like Home Garden  , also, but they do not apply to me.  I am not going to risk having my ads pulled because they are not in the right categories..  too many...

Ive been an Ebay seller now with over 20,000 positive feedback in 6 years, there is a way around listing colour choices and thats to list in different sections, its allowed and i do it all the time, i have a total of 347 listings but with variations which increases my listing amounts  to 5,511 items, see the link for an example of the variations....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERSONALIZED-CUTE-HORSE-ANIMAL-DECAL-STICKER-165-x-140mm-U-CHOOSE-COLOR-/221258561922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item791bd50e33

This is listed in sporting goods equine, its associated to horses so why not, and this listing has been running for a long time and has not been removed as of yet... hope this might help you..

what does this have to do with horses?  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SQUIRREL-CAR-DECAL-STICKER-150x-100-mm-U-CHOOSE-THE-COLOR-/321305661816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4acf4f5178

My listing limit is about 850 i couldnt do many variations.

Everyday im getting buyers who wont leave a color or answer back. Im about to just list the items in black or white as they are the most common colors for me.

I really cant belive that many people buy things without reading the listing. Even my pictures say to pick a color.

Id hate to get rid of color options but these buyers drive me nuts.

The squirrel i admit has nothing to do with equine, but as i said i list in all different catergories and not had any pulled in all the time ive been trading on ebay...  post a link of one of your ads , ill be a critic if you dont mind and see if i can spot anything that you may be able to inprove or change. 

The squirrel i admit has nothing to do with equine, but as i said i list in all different catergories and not had any pulled in all the time ive been trading on ebay...  post a link of one of your ads , ill be a critic if you dont mind and see if i can spot anything that you may be able to inprove or change. 

Well actually I don't post my store here any more,  I had to file copyright infringement against forum members,  Stealing, my original designs, photos and complete ads. It's sad, but true, that a seller has to do that.    I already learned that lesson.  And the mods know this is true.   I search for my designs all the time. Ads, photos, etc. You have to protect your business. I had a seller undercutting me with my very own ad, design and photo. which was also copyrighted to my camera..   There are people that search in here every day, as well as online, and many want to FAST TRACK their business. 

• Like 1