gcextreme

Wow, maybe my first big order?! Need some advice

Ok i just got a message on Facebook and this lady wants 30 shirts!! all for her husbands auto repair shop...

i dont have a clue on the sizes/colors yet, or even their design, she said their name and phone number and then a "fun" design...

Not sure how fast i can do 30 shirts with HTV....

Or maybe i can sub it out and still make some money?? not sure what to do really...still communicating with the lady.

So she has a design or she wants you to come up with something? Why sub it out? It sounds like a good opportunity for you. Aren't you set up to complete the order?

• Like 1

Well its a Tractor Repair shop...so the design would just be a tractor with their name and phone number.

Yeah i could do 30 shirts...i just dont know how long it would take me..to cut all them out, weed them, i quoted her about 9 days...

remember i still have my full time job where i work from 8am-6pm mon-friday, so id have to whip out 3-5 shirts a night.

i quoted her about 9 days...

remember i still have my full time job where i work from 8am-6pm mon-friday, so id have to whip out 3-5 shirts a night.

Should be easy enough to do those numbers in a night. My current bid is 30 shirts 5-7 day completion time frame.

Well i got the design done for her, and she loves it. Its going to have the business name across the front, and then on the back, the name and a tractor and the city/phone number. 

Black shirts with orange graphics.

Now just gotta work out the sizes and quantities she wants...im quoting her $15 each.. not sure if thats a good price?

If she orders 30, thats $450.

sounds about right  --  if one color in that number I would try to gang them and order the plastisol transfers - they have a few on hand for the "reorders" in different sizes

• Like 1

I can screen print them on Hanes Tshirts for $8 each (S-XL) if you decide to sub it out. Shipping would be around an extra $1 each so that would leave you making $180 and not have to do anything. Win win!

• Like 1

Plastisol is a type of ink used in screen printing - with the transfers they are screened onto a special paper and a adhesive addative sprinkled on it ,as I understand it, - when you get them they melt into the shirt and look/ act just like they was screen printed on the shirt.  if cost more than having either of the members screen directly but the advantage I love is you press onto just the sizes ordered and with a few extra can cover any "reorders" when they say he joe forgot to order his on time we need a size xx .  .. .oh and angie needs a size m a week later

• Like 1

i quoted her about 9 days...

Should be easy enough to do those numbers in a night. My current bid is 30 shirts 5-7 day completion time frame.

5-7 days for 30 shirts? 6 a day? seems a little bit long for me.

hey Mfatty500 check out ace for the transfers they are cheaper than howards.

Not yet..she said her boss had to go on the road for a service trip for a few days..will know more when he gets back.

Hows your situation going?

I do an average of 10 shirts an hour with front and back graphics. (this includes design, cut and weed time) You can knock those out in an evening if you aren't afraid to stay up a little late. I do it all the time. Sleep when your dead. LOL

• Like 3

They will be delivering the "right" cutter tomorrow and picking up the "wrong" one. The price tag at the show stated "includes 2hrs training" which I could really use....... so we'll see if they pull through on that. I picked up a computer but you're not gonna like it :)

• Like 1

Training? You wont need any training...u got us here on the forum.

And let me guess...u bought a Mac....:(

• Like 1

30 htv shirts is no problem!  I am in the middle of 2 orders for 30 shirts each!  The largest I did was just over 100.  I could have subbed that one out I suppose but it kept me busy at the time and kept me in 100 % control.

The way I do those larger orders (30 ish) is this way:  I lay my shirts in a stack the way I am going to do them (grouped by size).  Then I set up the cutter and start cutting 2 to 4 at a time.  Then start weeding them while the next group runs etc  etc.  When I am done weeding a design it gets laid on the appropriate shirt, and put it in a new pile.  I do this until everything is cut and weeded.  Then I go to press them all at the same time.  This just seems to work best for me versus cutting a few, weeding a few and pressing a few at a time.  Also, it is nice when you get to the pressing part as you are on the down hill slide.....

• Like 4

Training? You wont need any training...u got us here on the forum. And let me guess...u bought a Mac.... :(

Yep when something is included in a price I expect the seller to deliver on that or reduce the price. I know the forums are here for me to lean on but hands on is always a plus. Yes I bought a Macbook Pro.

30 htv shirts is no problem!  I am in the middle of 2 orders for 30 shirts each!  The largest I did was just over 100.  I could have subbed that one out I suppose but it kept me busy at the time and kept me in 100 % control.

The way I do those larger orders (30 ish) is this way:  I lay my shirts in a stack the way I am going to do them (grouped by size).  Then I set up the cutter and start cutting 2 to 4 at a time.  Then start weeding them while the next group runs etc  etc.  When I am done weeding a design it gets laid on the appropriate shirt, and put it in a new pile.  I do this until everything is cut and weeded.  Then I go to press them all at the same time.  This just seems to work best for me versus cutting a few, weeding a few and pressing a few at a time.  Also, it is nice when you get to the pressing part as you are on the down hill slide.....

Sounds like a logical way to complete an order. I don't like jumping around from stage to stage on any projects. I like to complete one step and move on. Less stress on my OCD :)

• Like 1

5-7 days for 30 shirts? 6 a day? seems a little bit long for me.

I work a day job, so get about 2hrs a night to work on em. I always give longer then I need, the last ones i did in 2 days. Allows wiggle room for issues

• Like 3

hey Mfatty500 check out ace for the transfers they are cheaper than howards.

I use Howards as they are only 20 minutes from me, sometimes transfer express, but not to often. Thanks tho.

• Like 1

Yeah i work a day fulltime job to..mostly from 8-6pm..so i only get a few hours in the evening to work on my stuff...and even harder to do when i got a wife that nags me lol.

Diff subject.

Why do women have to be so dam needy!!

Oh i need to spend time with you...youre always busy and never make time for me.

But when we go on a 4 hour drive and spend all day together she gets pissy and mad and sick of me..lol.

So what's up with this job GC? You done yet? :)

.....Might be time for a dozen roses and an entire day devoted to what she wants/needs followed by a nice dinner....."Happy wife Happy life"

No info yet..last week she said her boss the owner was out the rest of the week for a service trip. Said she would get back to me sometime this week.