debba85

Does this have to do with offset?

I just received my SC cutter today and can't seem to calibrate this thing correctly. I am new to vinyl cutting but just wanted to cut a 120in x 23in sign. Here is a photo of two number zeros. Why are the outlines so jagged? The shapes are not completed correctly. I tried playing with SureCutsALot offset and can't seem to get it right.

post-85253-0-67083400-1393709812_thumb.j

Check the blade carraige. One member had issues and her carraige had jumped the track.. Both circles are not messed up the same, so I would guess its movement either in the carraige or the vinyl slipping. again just a guess

• Like 2

Ya it doesn't look like what you typically see with offset issues. Are you sure your vinyl is between the grit roller and the feed rollers. When I first got my original cutter and was new I didn't realize that there were only certain spots on the feed roller that have the material to gain traction on the back of the vinyl. I did cuts fine for a while then without knowing better moved one side so it was off the black grit area and on just the slick rod. Everything when pear shaped and I couldn't figure it out for quite a while. 

• Like 1

My SC arrived with the back wheels on the carriage off track. It took me a few days to figure out that was the issue. My circles looked similar. 

Man I gotta be honest. I purchased the SC cutter and received it and after a few tries i had it cutting great and no issues. I must have been a lucky soul ...lol

Try moving the grit rollers back and forth easily.  If you  feel looseness or a slight backlash  there is probably a loose set screw either between the grit roller and the shaft, the shaft and pulley or motor and other pulley.  you could also have a loose motor assembly.  There shouldn't be any play in the back and forth movement of the grit rollers.

Man I gotta be honest. I purchased the SC cutter and received it and after a few tries i had it cutting great and no issues. I must have been a lucky soul ...lol

X2 had mine cranking out vinyl in a few days after it arrived.

• Like 1

You guys really helped me out. Turns out, the carriage was off track. I should've realized something was wrong when I noticed it was dragging a bit with the forward motion of the vinyl. Since I'm new, I didn't know any better. But I just wiggled it upwards and placed the wheels on the track. Now it's cutting perfect squares! Thank you all so much!

• Like 4

Check the blade carraige. One member had issues and her carraige had jumped the track.. Both circles are not messed up the same, so I would guess its movement either in the carraige or the vinyl slipping. again just a guess

lol would this be me you were talking about  :lol:

Debbie I had the same problem a few weeks ago... The people on here are AWESOME!!! <3 

• Like 1

lol would this be me you were talking about :lol:

Debbie I had the same problem a few weeks ago... The people on here are AWESOME!!!

shhhhhhh it goes to their heads. Lol. :)

• Like 1

You guys really helped me out. Turns out, the carriage was off track. I should've realized something was wrong when I noticed it was dragging a bit with the forward motion of the vinyl. Since I'm new, I didn't know any better. But I just wiggled it upwards and placed the wheels on the track. Now it's cutting perfect squares! Thank you all so much!

Same here, never seeing one in action I thought it was normal. It took me over a week to discover the carriage was off track on my unit plus several feet of vinyl. Now it cuts like a champ.

Happy Cutting !!