Sign in to follow this  
jarrotto

Some new work....

Here are some of the things i have been working on.

Just started sublimation and these are better results that i have had. I got rid of almost all the slight banding on my latest print.  My main objective is to get rid of the "orange peel" texture when pressing.  Hopefully a lower temperature and longer dwell time will help.

The cup did not come out as well as i would have liked, i could have chose a lighter background and it would be much better, but it was still fun.  

I got to letter two trucks the other day,  was pretty awesome feeling for a first paying job!  It was a simple all text logo 4x36 in 751 black.  I did end up redoing one door twice... but luckily i had already cut a few extras in case i needed them.

The  T-shirt did not come out as planned, the 3g Jet Opaque started curling a lot on the pre heated shirt.  Hopefully the transfer film will solve this as well.  I got some Stahls Premium Plus to mess around with in the next few days, looking forward to it.  May order some easy weed as well,  if i am disappointed with how the premium plus weeds.

I have to say i was impressed with the colors of the 3g Jet Opaque, it was printed with epson 7520 and the stock DuraBrite inks.  I did see a significant color shift after pressing the shirt but overall i was very happy with it!  I am going to buy a cobra cis when funds allow it, hopefully it will perform as well as the stock inks with regular printing.

I pressed the shirt on Sanmar PC61 100% cotton,  i am thinking about trying the PC55 50/50 blend but am worried about dye migration when its pressed,  would like to hear about others experiences on this as well.

Oh and about a week ago i built a stand for my Fusion. I couldn't find a decent table anywhere local to put it on, and did not have one at the house.  I think it came out pretty well.

post-78889-0-21451600-1393208989_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks, i hope to recoup my investment soon.  I was really stuck between the fusion and a hotronix auto clam, but I'm glad i went with the fusion for a heat free workspace. So far i have pretty much used it only as a draw press, and its been good.

The only thing I wish it had was auto open. Their clams have that option and it would be nice at my little operation to be able to walk away and not have to time my trip to be back for the opening. I am not going to buy a clam though. I spend too much time placing small layered stuff and I don't want to be under the platen that much.