gcextreme

Should i buy a second, cheap cutter..

I currently have a nice Graphtec 24" cutter...and i am contemplating on if i should buy a second cheaper.cutter, to take to trade and craft shows....either amother 24" one or a larger one..

Any suggestions?

Its just that i spent $1400 on my graphtec and im worried about lugging it all over to shows.

Id rather invest in a cheap $200-300 one to drag off to shows...

Ive been keeping an eye out on craigslist too...i just missed an MH28" for $150!!

I moved a cheap cutter 2 and from flea markets for several years and it help up fine. If I were to do it again thought I'd just haul the Graphtec so I knew it would be ready for whatever job came up while I was on location and as long as you don't throw it around you should be fine. Personally owning a high end machine I would rather but that $200-$300 into materials than another cutter. And yes mine has been on a few trips to the flea market in the last year with no ill effects.

Yeah the wife and i are getting some money back from taxes, less than half of what we got last year, and shes approved $300-400 for me to use for my business.

My regular vinyl, 651, supply i have all the basic colors, white, black, yellow, orange, pink, two shades of blue, two shades of green, two shades of grey, and two shades of red, plus silver and gold.

For my HTV sisserweed i have blue, red, yellow, white, black, and a bright green and bright blue.

I normally buy diff colors as the need arrises. I dont want stock pile the stuff...and it go bad.

I have a good selection of hats and shirts on hand..

Maybe i should invest in some of those aluminum sign blanks??

Im slowly building up my sandblasting stuff...need to get some media and more stuff to blast...

Its just that ive got 3 motorcycle shows and 2 other craft shows ive signed up for...not sure on whats going to sell tho..

Should i make a pile of shirts and hats and decals to have on display and to sell and show/display stuff??

I use a Graphtec CE 5000 40 15in for my portable unit.

If they want bigger then they come to the shop I have a Graphtec 30in cutter and a  Roland printer cutter.

mark-s

• Like 2

What ever you do,  don't make your samples on the Graphtec to show to your customers at the show.,  then produce them on a value cutter,  They will never measure up. to the Graphtec quality when you go to make them, .on a value cutter. ....  Make samples on the value cutter for shows. That would make you look bad.  Bait and switch... You will see night and day difference..between the quality of a Graphtec and a value cutter. ......

• Like 2

Well i just landed a big website project for the city for an annual spring/summer event...i hope to get more advertising and vinyl project business out of it too..

Good advice too there Skeeter

I've been keeping my eye open for a deal on a 15" Graphtec (the Craft ROBO) specifically to have for taking to shows.   If I had an enclosed trailer or some other way to conveniently haul my gear around and store stuff in between shows, I'd be more inclined to buy another 24" Graphtec, but since I don't, I want to stick with something small and portable that won't eat up a lot of storage space...

wife says $300-400.....no graphtec, guys. I know you love pushing it but reality is what it is.

wife says $300-400.....no graphtec, guys. I know you love pushing it but reality is what it is.

LOL, that is what he said the last time,  "budget under $500"...  we talked him into a Graphtec.  

gcextreme

GCEXTREME

• photo-thumb-38025.jpg?_r=1363474764
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 665 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, MN

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Oh budget..like under $500..
  • Like 1

Yeah you guys have a knack for making people spend more money on stuff then what they originally had planned...

So far ive bought a Graphtec, a MightyStahls shirt press, a Sunie hat press, an air compressor and sand blast cabinet.....

• Like 1

I just bought a rare Civil War book for my collection and nobody talked me into it. I have been thinking about a waffle iron. Decisions,decisions,,,

I just bought a rare Civil War book for my collection and nobody talked me into it. I have been thinking about a waffle iron. Decisions,decisions,,,

costco has the belgin waffle iron I got stacey a couple years back for $79 -  now it is 39.  . . . .  .different handle but same unit  http://www.costco.com//.product.11600422.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

we don't have Costco here.....anyway I have one like that I want the big commercial one.

• Like 1

We're great at twisting arms around here  ;D Looking for my Graphtec commission check any day now.

We're great at twisting arms around here  ;D Looking for my Graphtec commission check any day now.

And I'm pretty sure Dakotagrafx and I should be up to our arm pits in complimentary CleanCut Blades.... any day now... 

Yep those CC blades are awesome...

Not sure how long they last butni bought a pack of them, either 5 or 6 of them and its been almost a year and im on my 2nd blade.

• Like 1

And I'm pretty sure Dakotagrafx and I should be up to our arm pits in complimentary CleanCut Blades.... any day now... 

just bought some more a couple months ago when I changed all the blades in the roland holders - it was that time of year.

I'm calling Ross Monday to order a few blades for the graphtec.   

I've already got another holding coming in on Tuesday.  

How come the 14" MH doesnt have a stand option?

I believe that qualifies as a laptop model.  :rolleyes:

Well the problem with the 14" is it wont do the 15" sisserweed htv.

So if i do get a second cutter it will have to be another 24"/28" one or the 34" one...

theres not even much 30-34" vinyl listed on uscutters site...

It would be nice to have a smaller 15-18" cutter so i can take it to shows and still do 15" htv for shirts.

I must bow out here because I've never had a cutter smaller than 24" and even for portable I feel anything small is very limiting.

Well the problem with the 14" is it wont do the 15" sisserweed htv.

So if i do get a second cutter it will have to be another 24"/28" one or the 34" one...

theres not even much 30-34" vinyl listed on uscutters site...

It would be nice to have a smaller 15-18" cutter so i can take it to shows and still do 15" htv for shirts.

maybe watch this one.  You would be further ahead,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Copam-24-CP2500-Vinyl-Cutter-Sign-Plotter-Professional-REFURBISHED-/281270527575?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d07a657