JJennings

SignBlazer Element Help

I just download the SignBlazer Element to a laptop for a friend, I think I have all the settings correct but one, and when I hit the  Cutter Button.. then Cut and Tile... It bring up this message... Can Not Open OutPut Device.. Error Initializing Cutter... Could someone Please lead me the correct way to do the setting..   My COM is COM5, but I dont see a COM5 listed in the pull down... Thanks for any Help.. 

I would also like to know if most people Prefer to use the SignBlazer over the Sure Cuts A Lot Version 3 :huh: I have been trying to decide which way to do this for my friend who is totally new to this type of vinyl design work... Any suggestions would be helpful... Thanks  

What type of cable are you using to between your computer and cutter? (Serial or USB) I prefer SignBlazer over Sure Cuts A Lot.

When converting a file / image from Corel Draw what type of file do you save as to Export and Import into SignBlazer ??  I have alot to learn on the SignBlazer software,,, it looks very hard... Is it possible to Copy and Paste an image into SignBlazer to work with :huh:  Thanks for any Help

You should be able to save as an eps file. If you are using a usb connection iy should bring right up in the drop down menu

Make sure you have installed the USB drivers. I think when you install the driver you get a USB00X pick in the list of output devices. Go here and select the cutter you have, it has setup detailed instructions for all the USCutter models including SignBlazer setup via USB.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/setup

Only thing scalp does better is trace. Other than that I'd go with Signblazer if choosing between the 2.