WHIT72

screen printing

So I have been doing a ton of shirts, my question is what's the cutoff where it's cheaper just to screen print rather than vinyl?

For a shirt with vinyl I get 10 to 12 $ for. If the costumer has a business I do them for around 8 $ ( They have to order 30 to 40 for that price ). Is that good or do I need to charge more. Have got as high as 15 $ for 1.

My highest htv shirt was $22. Typically $16 for 10" back and pocket area front print up to xl. I have run 50 + htv but all that weeding gets old fast which is why I'm reentering the screen print arena.

I started screen printing because its just a lot easier and I feel its a better product. For single color full back left chest I was around $17 per shirt just because of the PIA factor. With screen printing I am at around $10 retail and if I wholesale it I would be at around $7 so it doesn't take long to make sense for the customer to buy more at a lower rate. I also do have a minimum of 12 shirts for those prices.

• Like 1

Garments arent a mainstay for me but I average 16 to 18 bucks a shirt and give small breaks for over 6 shirts.

There are no additional setup/art fees if I have to spend less than 15 or so minutes getting the file ready.

These are most often done as an add on to a sign job for a Truck and/or Store. More than 24 or so shirts and I pick

up the phone and call my silk-screening buddy.

I do long sleeve for $22 and up. But around here a ss ts runs $12 sometimes $15. If I put a name or something over the pocket its $2 more.

• Like 1

I get $12 for short sleeve up to XL for logo on back and over left chest. $15 for Long Sleeve up to XL, hoodies I get $25 up to XL, 2X and 3X I get $2 more on T's and $5 on Hoodies.

Most places are getting $8 to $10 a shirt, so I figure I'm doing good to get those prices

• Like 1

i do screen printing and the vinyl if it a shirt order for 25 and under i do vinyl and for a short sleeve shirt vinyl im around 10.00 2x and above i get 2.00 more...now screen printing say order of 75 or more one color front&back design i get 5.50 shirt