Sign in to follow this  
Rob@MM

For those using SCAL with Graphtec CE 6000

I really don't want to learn the new software that comes with the Graphtec machine as I have well over 1000 designs saved in scut format.

I did the research, and made the changes to the settings I found needed to be changed to use SCAL with this machine. 

Here's the problem.

The blade dings letters that after looking at the nodes have corner nodes where the ding marks are made. I then tried cutting typed out text and it will ding the "d"s and "o"s like it's a blade offset issue. The machine is spec'd per Graphtec tech support. These files cut absolutely perfect with my old machine.

I've read plenty of posts stating that people are using SCAL with the CE6000 with no issues. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance. 

blade offset on the graphtec should be set to 0 . . . . with that said I have seen other people have trouble with scalp and higher end machines - its kinda like running your Ferrari on kerosene.  it may run but don't expect optimal performance.

make sure offset is also zero in scal. Graphtec generally has a preset correction and no software setting should be needed

• Like 1

There's no blade offset option when I switch to the Graphtec under the Cutter tab. There's an option on my current machine, but not that one. 

I'm not even remotely interested in learning Graphtec Studio or Cutting Master but if it's because SCAL is too basic for the Graphtec machine then what else can I do.

I just thought I'd ask first because there seems to be a fair amount of people using it with no issues. 

Did you download the Graphtec Cutting Plotter controller?   Mine was on my Graphtec disc. But it is also on the Graphtec America website.   You open  The Graphtec Cutting  Controller and change your settings right from your computer ....Blade offset, Speed, Force, Quality. 

WHEN I TRY TO CUT WITH GRAPHTEC IN SCALP THE SCREEN WILL SHOW ABOUT  a 6" decal when machine cuts it it is actually about 2.75 inches in stead of 6" what the heck causes this?

WHEN I TRY TO CUT WITH GRAPHTEC IN SCALP THE SCREEN WILL SHOW ABOUT  a 6" decal when machine cuts it it is actually about 2.75 inches in stead of 6" what the heck causes this?

I remember someone having this issue before and I think it was solved by simply checking a box somewhere. Someone here will know.

• Like 1

I remember someone having this issue before and I think it was solved by simply checking a box somewhere. Someone here will know.

it is driving me CRAZY!!

If you enlarge it to 100% what size does it say it is?

in the program it will say lets say 6'' square  when i actually cut its only 2.75" where would the 100% be? with my mh cutter whatever size it is on program is size it cuts it

Top right in documents box. Zoom-100%  It should show up actual size when selected. Make sure the measurements are in (inches).  There may be more settings that are cutter specific to check.

Top right in documents box. Zoom-100%  It should show up actual size when selected. Make sure the measurements are in (inches).  There may be more settings that are cutter specific to check.

yes it was at 37% changed to 100 and did a test cut still the same size it was cutting before. about half of actual size. im stummped