Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

I need an Old man for a prank

I'm playing a prank on my boss. 

He's known as the Old timer in the shop so I want to make him a custom door sign with Old Timer and his name.  

I'm looking for a cutable old man with a cane.  

Does anyone have something I could use please?

Thanks for everyone's help.  I know it always nice too see what your help has created.  

I give you my bosses new door.  

post-69458-0-46559700-1388171942_thumb.jpost-69458-0-05066100-1388171954_thumb.j

And this is a door I did for another co-worker

post-69458-0-07878400-1388171991_thumb.j

• Like 2

I did have a question....

I applied the doors wet but I had to wait like an hour before I could peel off the app tape.   

I used rapidtac and I squeegeed the hell out of it.     

Is this normal?  

I did have a question....

I applied the doors wet but I had to wait like an hour before I could peel off the app tape.   

I used rapidtac and I squeegeed the hell out of it.     

Is this normal?  

I assume you're using paper tape?  I ask because I learned that lesson the hard way...

If you are using paper tape, then after you've waited 90 seconds for the adhesive to set, spritz the back of the tape with more RapidTac and rub it around with your fingers.  Within a minute you'll see the tape start to bubble and pucker up as the adhesive on the tape releases...

• Like 1

I assume you're using paper tape?  I ask because I learned that lesson the hard way...

If you are using paper tape, then after you've waited 90 seconds for the adhesive to set, spritz the back of the tape with more RapidTac and rub it around with your fingers.  Within a minute you'll see the tape start to bubble and pucker up as the adhesive on the tape releases...

Yep paper tape.......

I did spray it but it didn't help.  The vinyl just wasn't sticking to the glass.  

I'm not sure if it had some kind of coating or not.  

Yep paper tape.......

I did spray it but it didn't help.  The vinyl just wasn't sticking to the glass.  

I'm not sure if it had some kind of coating or not.  

What did you use to clean the glass before installation?  RapidPrep will take off oil, grease, silicon, wax and just about anything else that will interfere with adhesion.

you can also spray the app tape after the install with cleaner and it will loose'n the "grip" of the app tape..  I do mostly dry apps but have done this before.  Doors look great!!

Some cast vinyls have a lower adhesion rate than calendered vinyl. For Oracal: 951 is 4.1 lbs/in   751 is 1.6 lbs/in, both cast and 651 (calendered) 4.1 lb/in so if the 3M you used was equal to say 751 you have a lot less adhesion to the glass to start with and even less when wet.

• Like 2

Some cast vinyls have a lower adhesion rate than calendered vinyl. For Oracal: 951 is 4.1 lbs/in   751 is 1.6 lbs/in, both cast and 651 (calendered) 4.1 lb/in so if the 3M you used was equal to say 751 you have a lot less adhesion to the glass to start with and even less when wet.

That could be it.

I've been using it for some glass etching projects and again its been a pain in the a$$.

And now that I think of it I haven't had the problem using the same process with other vinyl.

I've never used original RapidTac, but they claim it is specifically designed for Cast and Premium vinyls, and RapidTac II is designed for use with Calendered and Intermediate vinyls.   Do you know which one you used?

• Like 1

I've never used original RapidTac, but they claim it is specifically designed for Cast and Premium vinyls, and RapidTac II is designed for use with Calendered and Intermediate vinyls.   Do you know which one you used?

Good info there, Guys. Thanks!

I used regular rapidtac.