vinylgraphicsfx

Corel draw student edition

I was using the Corel x6 student  till I upgraded it to full-package, "how's it working" Its an application I was using but slowed down on vinyl but as a whole you cant go wroing, I used DRAW along with SCALP and along with VECTOR magic as I like its "capture" application then go to DRAW and bring it up and save it as vector after cleaning whatever I was doing, I have used the many type faces in some project, no signs mind you, strickly wall art and stupid things to test the capabilities on the long run...Well worth the money by any means..I like Illustrator as a useful tool but Corel tends to feel more user friendly but like all apps each has its qwerks..

Although it is far more software than most people will ever need for doing basic vinyl work, the student version does have some limitations.

There are plug-ins/macros that you can purchase from various sites (http://macromonster.com/ is one off the top of my head) for doing rhinestones and other non-traditional vinyl work, and most of those will NOT work with the student edition.  Same bit of advice applies to the "Home" version of CorelDraw.

Also if you ever upgrade to a Graphtec,  you cannot use the Student /Education Corel version with their CuttingMaster programs

Note: Cannot use Cutting Master with CorelDraw Download (Home) version or Education version since they do not include Visual Basic. Users with these two versions have to contact Corel and upgrade to full versions.

• Like 1

i would recommend the subscription of either 25 a month or 200 a year for the full version. The student version is nice but it does limit some things

I hate how everything has went to cloud based programs.

I lived in the Englewood area for a little while then moved down to Middleburg for a while too. Middleburg was awesome, redneck heaven! I'm from Idaho so I fit right in.

• Like 3

glad to see a lot of people from the local area look forward to meeting and working with a few of you! I was raised in the Orange Park area and now in the 103rd area

Isn't Georges Ice Cream over there in Orange Park? I wonder if my pic is still on the wall from 1989. 

I picked up corel draw x5 suite full version off ebay for $80. The home and student version was $99.00 at office depot.

I picked up corel draw x5 suite full version off ebay for $80. The home and student version was $99.00 at office depot.

Be careful - several people on here have gotten burned with pirated copies (that look like real disk) off ebay in the past several months - they find out when it doesn't work and they call corel for support . . ..

• Like 1

I hate how everything has went to cloud based programs.

I lived in the Englewood area for a little while then moved down to Middleburg for a while too. Middleburg was awesome, redneck heaven! I'm from Idaho so I fit right in.

I totally agree! In a cloud based system you never really own your data! In every case the owner of the server or even the (hard disk) the server is on is the only legal owner, and what happens if/when the cloud company goes out of business or gets sold??? Your terms of service are with the original owner and until the courts weigh in you may not even have a right to the copyright if the design was build on the cloud! Possession is 9/10ths of the law, even in the cloud.

Cloud systems are for large corporations that maintain their own cloud, not for consumers or small businesses.

Georges ice cream? where in op was it?

I don't remember where it was, It's been too long. They had a challenge there that if you could eat it all in one sitting then every year on your birthday you could get one free. I was never back around there to get the free one but it was a big enough deal that anyone who made it got their picture up on a wall. There was another challenge that was even bigger but I never tried it.