Sign in to follow this  
chipperi

Where to get the most popular art

Seriously thinking of getting the SC cutter complete sign shop set up, and selling funny decals on ebay, etsy, etc. Where is the best place to get humorous art for this? I tend to gravitate to the crude decals like the Hello Titty and the zombies eating the stick figure faimly. I have found tons of generic stuff but I need something that will sell.

I have that cutter and for the money you cannot go wrong.. As far as the art your possibilities are endless. You can create so much with different programs

I use that cutter and CorelDraw . Its simple after you figure it out. And if you need help ask on here everybody helps .

• Like 1

I have seen so many people selling the same sticker I assumed it could be purchaced somewhere....I'll try drawing my own, not sure how it will turn out.

Problem is either it is copyrighted or everyone has it and cuts each other's throats to make a sale so no one makes anything

• Like 1

If your looking to make some extra money.... ebay may not be the place for you.  It is simply cut throat with vinyl and it is tough to make money.  If that is your main reason for the purchase you might want to rethink your game plan.

I know there are a few folks who manage to make some decent money there but just starting out.... I would avoid that avenue.

• Like 1

I go a bit unorthodox. I walk into local stores and gas stations and offer them a cut if they sell my decals. It's basically free money for them, cause I don't say, "Buy these and see if they sell." I take all the risk and they take their cut, everyone's happy. It won't make me rich, but a little extra money here and there never hurt, and it helps me fund purchases of more supplies until I can get my name out there and pick up other types of business.

• Like 1

Make your own unique designs. Watermark them to make the copy cats work to clean it up if they copy it. If you build a name for yourself and offer good service people may still come to you than dig though google for a cheaper copy.

Yep, the brain is the best place.  You can make an image your own by adding to or taking away from it.  Learn to vectorize and change pictures.  Eventually you'll be making your own originals. 

JT

Seriously thinking of getting the SC cutter complete sign shop set up, and selling funny decals on ebay, etsy, etc. Where is the best place to get humorous art for this? I tend to gravitate to the crude decals like the Hello Titty and the zombies eating the stick figure faimly. I have found tons of generic stuff but I need something that will sell.

Here it is! Absolutely THE Best Place for the Most Popular Art;

attachicon.gifleftbrainrightbrain.jpg